Securing rental in Brisbane?

Monkeylloyd1

Hi I am getting confused!! Doesn't take much :unsure:

do you need a Medicard to secure a rental? As looking on the websites, the Medicard gets posted to you (so you obviously need accommodation) What ID do you need to secure a rental please.

We haven't secured employment yet prior to traveling out so worrying about pennies? Any suburbs around Brisbane which are reasonable price wise just to give us chance to find our feet when we land.

Hi.

I don't think you specifically need a medicare card, you just need enough ID to satisfy their '100 points of ID'.

See link below to a Ray White application form which should give you a feel for the kind of form you'll need to fill in for an application (they're all pretty standard). On the last page is a list of their acceptable ID.

https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CCYQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fd3qtx5cwjhbvrw.cloudfront.net%2Fcompanies%2Fapplication_forms%2F966%2F4330-201161683630-1338015474-original.pdf%3F1338015474&ei=eXj-Uo7SD5GJlQXJ5YHICQ&usg=AFQjCNEGHNHn0vURU9cHhbuyq_-ea_4fRA

Good luck.

Eddy

Just provide as much as much as you can, i found the more paperwork you could give them ,the happier they seemed to be. Its also worth including a covering letter stating your new to the country hence lack of Australian paperwork.

A medicare card and driving licence give you lots of points ,hence they tend to be the documents asked for most when proving ID.

Cal x

Thanks guys for your reply's. really helpful. it has put my mind at ease and I can start putting a rental pack together.

do I need ID

Reference personal

copy of my mortgage payments in the uk.

job offer (when we get one hopefully)

is there anything else? We have our own house so I haven't rented for a long time.

Another thing that may help is get your real estate agent in the UK who will be selling or renting out your home to give you a "reference" to say how you live, clean and tidy home, gardens well maintained that sort of thing, even a photo of the outside and one of the inside will help. We are renting at the moment, and we actually sent the rental agent a link to our home that had just been sold so they could see how we look after a home. Put together a portfolio to show to agents with all the info already provided by other members of Poms.

Hi I am getting confused!! Doesn't take much :unsure:

do you need a Medicard to secure a rental? As looking on the websites, the Medicard gets posted to you (so you obviously need accommodation) What ID do you need to secure a rental please.

We haven't secured employment yet prior to traveling out so worrying about pennies? Any suburbs around Brisbane which are reasonable price wise just to give us chance to find our feet when we land.

If you don't have a car, most of the cheaper suburbs are likely to not be of much use. I would say such realestate.com.au to see rental prices in areas along the train lines unless you do have a car of course.

Archived