Midwifery Placements within 1 hour of Brisbane

midwifelarn

Hi

I'm new to this so apologies if I get it wrong. I am currently undertaking a degree in midwifery (2nd year). We have the option to travel overseas in third year (Jul 2015) and I would like to travel to Queensland with my family to give them a taster of life DU. I have already been so need no further convincing.

I have contacted numerous hospitals for an observational placement of 1.5/2 weeks as well as independent midwives alike. Can anyone recommend or have a contact of a midwife/midwifery team that could help please? Ideally a max of 1 hour from brissy would be good. Understandably, loyalty lies with Australian student midwives but anything would be good.

Hope I've not been too vague and someone can help?

warm wishes

Student placements are usually done through the universities - so it may be worth your while to contact them, however, do bare in mind that often uni's can't get enough placements for their own students, so they may or may not be able to accommodate you.

Contact Natasha at Sunshine Coast Midwifery in Nambour.\

Google the contact details.

Hi

I'm new to this so apologies if I get it wrong. I am currently undertaking a degree in midwifery (2nd year). We have the option to travel overseas in third year (Jul 2015) and I would like to travel to Queensland with my family to give them a taster of life DU. I have already been so need no further convincing.

I have contacted numerous hospitals for an observational placement of 1.5/2 weeks as well as independent midwives alike. Can anyone recommend or have a contact of a midwife/midwifery team that could help please? Ideally a max of 1 hour from brissy would be good. Understandably, loyalty lies with Australian student midwives but anything would be good.

Hope I've not been too vague and someone can help?

warm wishes

Archived