Points for migration

dwarakls

Dear Friends,

I got my positive skill assessment from vetassess last week and got points for my education and work experience.

My overall points

Age- 30, qualification- 15, Work experience- 5. My agent said that i can apply for Australia, cannebera if could score 7 in each module in Ielts. Unfortunately i was not able to get 7 in each module and got overall 7 in Ielts.

Whether i will be able to apply for any state sponsorship with these current points or what could be done now?

Kindly advise.

Regards,

Dwarak.

To claim the partner points, the partner needs to pass the skill assessment also. And will only give 5 point making a total of 55 + 5 from the state sponsorship=60 which is still not enough. Except IELTS I do not see any other way to get more points. Maybe partner points combined with Skilled Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 489) which will give you 10 points instead of 5 with a total of 65 but with the disadvantages the 489 brings. Getting 7 in IELTS is faster and easier. You just need to prepare specific on the format of the exam not on general English language. Good luck.

LE: I am not sure about the calculation of the points. I was aware that the pass mark was 65 points - so in the case of 190 visa 60 points plus 5 from SS. I might be wrong and the pass limit is 60... According to http://www.immi.gov.au/Visas/Pages/190.aspx "You must score at least 60 points against points test factors to be eligible to be invited to apply for this visa." so the partner points should be enough.

Partner points requirements:

Partner skills

You can receive five points if, when you are invited to apply for this visa, your partner provides evidence that they:

• were under 50 years of age
  • had at least competent English
  • had nominated an occupation on the same skilled occupation list as your nominated occupation
  • had been assessed by the relevant assessing authority as having suitable skills for the nominated occupation.

Your agent gave you correct information if your occupation is on the ACT's 'Closed' or 'Limited' list. As an overseas applicant, if you want to apply for ACT sponsorship in a 'Closed' or 'Limited' occupation, you can only do so if you have a score of at least 7 in each IELTS module. It won't matter how many points you get from other sources, if you don't meet the ACT's English requirements, you have no chance of getting sponsorship.

http://www.canberrayourfuture.com.au/workspace/uploads/documents/190-skilled-nominated-guidelines-feb-14.pdf Guidelines for applying for ACT Nomination - see page 4.

If you want ACT nomination in a 'Closed' or 'Limited' occupation, you must re-do IELTS and keep trying until you get all 7s or better in a single sitting. Partner Skills will only help if you are short of points after getting all 7s in IELTS - you only need 60 points in total including the points you earn for state sponsorship.

Guest Ryan the wizard of oz

Your best two options are definitely to re-sit IELTS to achieve a 7 in each band for 10pts OR apply for the 489 Regional Skilled Migrant visa which entitles you to the following:

4 year visa

You can bring dependents

You have the chance to obtain permanent residency for you and your dependents (I believe this is after your 2nd year.)

You have to live in a regional part of Australia for 2 years hence the 10pts.

These are the eligible locations. By the way the government fees for this application are the same as the 189 & 190 but you won't be permanent residents straight away so I would suggest one more crack at the IELTS first.

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TH]

Regional and low population growth metropolitan

areas

[/TH]

[TH]

Postcodes

[/TH]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]

New South Wales (NSW)

Anywhere except Sydney, Newcastle, the Central Coast and Wollongong

[/TD]

[TD]

2311 to 2312, 2328 to 2411, 2420 to 2490, 2536 to 2551, 2575 to 2594, 2618 to

2739, 2787 to 2898

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]

Northern Territory

[/TD]

[TD]

Entire territory

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]

Queensland

Anywhere except the greater Brisbane area and the Gold Coast

[/TD]

[TD]

4124 to 4125, 4133, 4211, 4270 to 4272, 4275, 4280, 4285, 4287, 4307 to 4499,

4515, 4517 to 4519, 4522 to 4899

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]

South Australia

[/TD]

[TD]

Entire state

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]

Tasmania

[/TD]

[TD]

Entire state

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]

Victoria

Anywhere except the Melbourne metropolitan area

[/TD]

[TD]

3211 to 3334, 3340 to 3424, 3430 to 3649, 3658 to 3749, 3753, 3756, 3758,

3762, 3764, 3778 to 3781, 3783, 3797, 3799, 3810 to 3909, 3921 to 3925, 3945 to

3974, 3979, 3981 to 3996

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]

Western Australia

Anywhere except Perth and surrounding areas

[/TD]

[TD]

6041 to 6044, 6083 to 6084, 6121 to 6126,6200 to 6799

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Hi Ryan,

Thank you so much for guiding. By the way i have some more queries such as the medical and educational benefits during the provisional visa period, chances of getting permanent visa after the initial two years, Job prospects for Human resource Professionals in the northern territory.

Kindly advise.

Regards,

Dwarak.

Archived