189 or 190 visa advice please

mazzagirl

Hi all,

Very new on here, we have just decided that we want to emigrate although all of my family (exc husband and children) already live in australia in sydney. The thing I'm wondering is, my husband is an IT security consultant which is in demand I believe but I don't know whether we should apply for a 190 because we only want to move to brisbane ideally or possibly sydney and neither of these states need them - just WA. So if we apply for 190 we would we just be sidelined as not really needed where we want to go, therefore better for us to just apply for the 189 visa instead??

Cheers folks in advance, any advice welcome! :)

thanks. I can see now that it would have to be a 190 visa, however as our preferred state don't have the occupation down on its list as being open I guess we're pretty screwed for the time being. Just wondering whether its worth doing the ACS part now or waiting until the lists change?

Guest Ryan the wizard of oz
thanks. I can see now that it would have to be a 190 visa, however as our preferred state don't have the occupation down on its list as being open I guess we're pretty screwed for the time being. Just wondering whether its worth doing the ACS part now or waiting until the lists change?

Hey Mazza,

There is light at the end of the tunnel. If you apply for the 190 State sponsorship Visa with WA being your sponsor there is nothing stopping you from going to live in Brisbane or Sydney. It's a touchy subject for some people because one could say it's not completely ethical to take sponsorship from a state and then not live there. There are many people who have done this and worked elsewhere, stayed out of trouble and gained citizenship after their fourth year as permanent resident.

Kind regards