Hi all

justinebabe

Hi everyone. New to PomsinOz but am hoping to get advice if possible as my family and I are currently starting our visa application process.

Hubby is taking his English exams Saturday with Ielts to try and get the points we need for a perm residency visa (he's a plumber) If he passes the next step is his Vetassess and if he passes that we then put in our EOI. Would you recommend we use an immigration agent or do it ourselves only looking at both if we use an agent that's an extra 4K we need to find as well as the 7K for the visa application?

Anyone have any advice please?

Many thanks

Justine x

Hi Justine Welcome to the forum.

We seem to have a 50 / 50 split on the forum, half of us used an agent ,the others applied the DIY route. It tends to boil down to personal preference,how much funds you have available, if you understand exactly what you need to do and if your case is straight forwards or not.

We personally did use an agent and if i had to apply again i would still use an agent, to me it was worth the money for the peace of mind to have someone who knew the in's and out's to 'hold our hand' all the way and check everything before it was submitted.

Lots of luck with everything

Cal x

If you read and re read all the available information you can def do it yourself..on here can be a good resource too..we are doing ours alone..i didnt think I would ever get my head round it all but it's easier than I thought n im glad I didn't pay for an agent now..n I like being in charge of it myself..lots of people dnt use an agent..just b confident in your own research n take your time with it..you will b an expert in your own personal circumstances and what you need to do in no time ;) good luck

The argument goes along the lines of "do you think it is worth spending 4 grand to protect your 7?" as you could potentially lose it if you get something wrong.

I'm one of the DIYers and would do so again. I followed the checklists and posted questions on here and would do the same again.

It's personal choice at the end of the day.

edit

if you do use an agent, make sure they are MARA registered.

• 7 months later...

Archived