Volunteer work wanted

Sahara

Hi everyone, I am looking for volunteer work in a NGO in Sydney preferable one in the human rights field / helping children / helping third world countries or anything related to these. Unfortunately the ones I have so far contacted are either requiring an Australian Citizenship/Permanent Residency (For example AUSAID - but I am still on a bridging Visa) or do not have any volunteer positions at the moment.

I am still looking but was wondering if by any chance anyone knows a NGO who would also accept someone with bridging visa or uk passport, maybe by any chance a British organisation?

I am allowed to work with my bridging visa but am am not looking for a paid job but a volunteer position where i can do something useful.

Any advices are much appreciated!

• 2 weeks later...

AUSAID isn't an NGO - you'd probably want to look at Red Cross, Salvos, Anglicare, St Vinnies etc but your area of interest is not likely to yield you much by way of results - they're more professional interests. Bog standard volunteers (serving in the shops, sorting clothes etc) they'd love you. If you want to learn a new skill In the process you could do worse than training as a Lifeline counsellor.

Archived