Going to the UK ~ BIG THANK YOU TO POMZINOZ

Ozzimozzie

Well we are finally here in Cornwall.

Hit a few bumps in the plans right on day one. Seems we have to find some accommodation (furnished even) as our bungalow needs more 'updating' than we though at long distance.

finding workmen and then doing more than we anticipated means we need to find alternative digs for a few months .. not terribly easy if a holiday destination coming up to their best season

We will overcome it somehow!

In just a day and a half we fell we are "HOME" and have been welcomed by everyone we get to talk to

A little shock how different 5* C is in windy and wet Cornwall compared to 5* C on a sunny morning in Tassie ... just some additional layers will sort that

Have a Kia Sportage now and being mobile and independent makes a great difference .. just and only just got the baggage into it even

Have a good one

Moz!

• 2 weeks later...
Pastie???

Never seen it spelled like that! It's Pasty or Pasties, make sure you get it right or you'll be in trouble! Not sure whereabouts you're headed but I would head to Philps in Hayle or the Horse and Jockey in Helston to get your fix.

Enjoy business class, and I'm sure everything else will fall into place, don't sweat the details. Wish you the best on your journey, I'm sure even the rain won't dampen your spirits when you touch down at the other end!

Well it seems that both spellings are right .. Philps are 'Pasty' and the butcher down the other end of Hayle is 'Pastie'

Now the 'Pasty' is Puff Pastry but the 'Pastie' is Short Pastry .. maybe therein lies the clue!!!

Hoo cares anyway ... BOTH were excellent to consume and I did give you a fleeting consideration whilst doing so ... not much mind ... just a wee bit!!

Starting to settle in now, spending enormous amounts of money getting set up but hopefully that will stop soon

Bit of a shock coming from somewhere close to 40 squares of home in Tassie to a 2 1/2 bedroom bungalow down here

Our bedroom was as big as the kitchen and lounge room together here .. if others can do then so can I that is for sure

18 holes in the sun (when it gets back from long service leave that is) will make everything look rosy again

Catch everyone from time to time

The 'Moz'

Well it seems that both spellings are right .. Philps are 'Pasty' and the butcher down the other end of Hayle is 'Pastie'

Now the 'Pasty' is Puff Pastry but the 'Pastie' is Short Pastry .. maybe therein lies the clue!!!

Hoo cares anyway ... BOTH were excellent to consume and I did give you a fleeting consideration whilst doing so ... not much mind ... just a wee bit!!

Starting to settle in now, spending enormous amounts of money getting set up but hopefully that will stop soon

Bit of a shock coming from somewhere close to 40 squares of home in Tassie to a 2 1/2 bedroom bungalow down here

Our bedroom was as big as the kitchen and lounge room together here .. if others can do then so can I that is for sure

18 holes in the sun (when it gets back from long service leave that is) will make everything look rosy again

Catch everyone from time to time

The 'Moz'

Well I could murder one right now!

Looks like we won't be returning to Cornwall any time soon, but maybe Devon. My job contacts in Cornwall are very quiet this year, they have no room for us unfortunately. Still pursuing a couple of opportunities in Devon though so fingers crossed....

Hope that feeling of money running through your hands like sand starts to slow down soon, everything will fall into place I'm sure! Has Spring sprung yet? I loved all the daffs coming out around this time in the hedgerows

Archived