Some help please !!! State sponsorship

Mart86

Hi everyone, does anyone know anything about state sponsorship to S.A I'm trying to find out the general cost of the visa I understand the eoi is free but carnt find the price for the visa also is the points for state sponsorship the same for every state this being 60. Thanks in advance for any reply.

mart

The cost of the visa is nothing to do with state sponsorship. You can find the cost of the visa on www.immi.gov.au if you look up the visa you are thinking of, presumably the 190. I believe it is about $3,500 for the first applicant, half of that for a partner and half of that again for a child dependent.

I don't believe you need points for state sponsorship, you just apply and they might choose to sponsor you. Yes you need 60 points for the visa application, you will get 5 points with a 190 state sponsorship so that will help.

Thanks Rupert will have a look at that website cheers. I was under the impression that you had to achieve a certain amount of points before applying such as age, qualification etc is this not applied to state sponsorship I'm so confused reading all this stuff.

Mart

Thanks Rupert will have a look at that website cheers. I was under the impression that you had to achieve a certain amount of points before applying such as age, qualification etc is this not applied to state sponsorship I'm so confused reading all this stuff.

Mart

The points test is for the visa application. Visa application and state sponsorship are two different things. Obviously there is no point applying for state sponsorship if you would not meet the points test, it would all be a bit of a waste of time as you wouldn't get a visa anyway.

Ye I think I get it now I worked out that I have 55 points so would need to do an ielts to gain the extra, what a pain all this is I think the state sponsor still requires 60 points to even be considerd. Will have to look more into it. Cheers for the info I hope what I think is right otherwise back to the start to try and understand.

Ye I think I get it now I worked out that I have 55 points so would need to do an ielts to gain the extra, what a pain all this is I think the state sponsor still requires 60 points to even be considerd. Will have to look more into it. Cheers for the info I hope what I think is right otherwise back to the start to try and understand.

Most people take IELTS, it is the easiest way to get points. Will you have 55 points with or without the state sponsorship? If you get 20 points for IELTS, I would think about dropping some of the other points you have claimed, there is no need to get as high a score as possible. Claim as few as you need to for work experience.

Most people take IELTS, it is the easiest way to get points. Will you have 55 points with or without the state sponsorship? If you get 20 points for IELTS, I would think about dropping some of the other points you have claimed, there is no need to get as high a score as possible. Claim as few as you need to for work experience.

Hi rupert I will be claiming 30 for age 10 for qualification 5 for work experience and not sure if I could claim 5 points for studying in Australia as it was in w.a but wanna go to s.a can that still be claimed?? Then will just need 10 from ielts. Thanks mart

Hi rupert I will be claiming 30 for age 10 for qualification 5 for work experience and not sure if I could claim 5 points for studying in Australia as it was in w.a but wanna go to s.a can that still be claimed?? Then will just need 10 from ielts. Thanks mart

I am sure the Australian education points are not state specific.

Archived