Packing my house up.

Danny842003

So im packing my belongings up as I have sold my house. This is well in advance of even applying for a visa. Is there anything i should be aware of reference how it should be packed etc. Its all going in my parents loft until probably next July and I don't really want to have to re pack it again. Its only my personal stuff books, DVDs and generally just stuff I don't want to get rid of.

as far as I'm aware, you need to account for everything in each box - so make a list of what you put into which box. this is for customs declaration.

but i haven't moved to Australia yet so hopefully someone with the experience of moving will come along soon!

Be careful not to pack anything you cannot import, or that might give concern to customs during an inspection - this could result in extra charges if anything has to be treated/disposed of by customs. http://www.customs.gov.au/site/page4369.asp

As Vickyplum says make sure to keep an inventory of what's in each box and leave the boxes open for your movers to inspect, they will do a quick check to make sure everything's packed ok for the kind of journey and that nothing obvious has been packed that shouldn't be.

Use a little extra padding than you would for a move locally, ships move alot more than trucks! Use scrunched up paper to fill in any gaps within the box to stop / cushion movement as much as possible.

Hope that helps!

Be careful not to pack anything you cannot import, or that might give concern to customs during an inspection - this could result in extra charges if anything has to be treated/disposed of by customs. http://www.customs.gov.au/site/page4369.asp

As Vickyplum says make sure to keep an inventory of what's in each box and leave the boxes open for your movers to inspect, they will do a quick check to make sure everything's packed ok for the kind of journey and that nothing obvious has been packed that shouldn't be.

Use a little extra padding than you would for a move locally, ships move alot more than trucks! Use scrunched up paper to fill in any gaps within the box to stop / cushion movement as much as possible.

Hope that helps!

It seems chemical weapons are restricted. I shall take those out.

Archived