How much money?

becabea

Hi, I'm looking at doing my OYWV in Australia and when looking online it says to be granted the visa you need around £2500 in your bank. Is this true? Do they really check?

If not how much would you suggest taking out there? Ill be staying with family initially but then no doubt hostels as I travel around and look for work.

Thankyou.

If I take a guess, I'd say one year working visa, otherwise know as a WHV. only because you say you need £2500 in your bank and I know a WHV you need about $5000...

If it is then yes you do need 2.5K in the bank, get it on a statement and then you can do what you want. I know people that have borrowed that money for a month from their parents, and then sent it back when they had a statement. The ended up going with about $1500.

Guest Guest 47403
Hi, I'm looking at doing my OYWV in Australia and when looking online it says to be granted the visa you need around £2500 in your bank. Is this true? Do they really check?

If not how much would you suggest taking out there? Ill be staying with family initially but then no doubt hostels as I travel around and look for work.

Thankyou.

I'm no visa expert becabea but managed to work out what you meant by a OYWV, if it says you need £2500 then I'd personally make sure you have it before applying, from experience Oz immigration is quite thorough and if you get caught out you may get restriction placed on applying again.

Archived