Help is here

Doogle

Hello all my name is Antony Doolin. I have started working for a Real Estate Company based in Midland, Western Australia. If you are thinking of buying in this area or a surrounding area and want some advice then please post it here.

Thanks.

Antony

Hello all my name is Antony Doolin. I have started working for a Real Estate Company based in Midland, Western Australia. If you are thinking of buying in this area or a surrounding area and want some advice then please post it here.

Thanks.

Antony

Sounds like a lovely place.

Guest The Pom Queen

Why not tell us something about the suburb, photos would be lovely, schools etc, that way people won't think you are just here to sell :wink:

My sister lives in Mandurah, she is looking forward to buy one nearby or Burnburry...any idea of average price. If you have any link pls do share here.

You mean Bunbury. You can find prices on the net. In fact I'm in contact with an agent at the moment with regards a property down there. All I will say is better value by a mile than Perth.(Decent enough places for under half a million) Walking distance to beach and CBD. Two hour drive to Perth. A twice daily train connection. Coach/Bus service daily. Quite a lot going for it. It is pretty much an Aussie city though with limited diversity. That is changing and I expect a pleasant place to live as the city grows.

Thanks.

Antony

So what are your views on crime in the area? Several years back worked down there and it was rather prevalent.

Hi there, the reason for my post is that I have recently moved from England to Perth well Chidlow to be more exact, back in May last year. I have left it a bit vague so that people can ask questions with regards to several different areas around Midland and the surrounding suburbs.

Hi there my personal view is that Midland isn't that bad a area. Yes you do still have the rougher parts, with regards to crime rates I wouldn't want to give the wrong info so if you click on this link you see the crime rates for all.

http://www.police.wa.gov.au/Aboutus/Statistics/Searchcrimestatistics/tabid/998/Default.aspx

there is several nice areas around Midland for example Boya, Gooseberry Hill, Kalamunda, John Forest, Jane Brook.

Thanks.

• 4 months later...

Hi my husband and I are moving to perth next year. I have a job in Midland and we are currently looking into suitable areas to live. We are early 30's with no children but are hoping to change that in the next year years. Ideally we would like to live somewhere between the beach and midland. Can anyone suggest anywhere? thanks Laura

Hi my husband and I are moving to perth next year. I have a job in Midland and we are currently looking into suitable areas to live. We are early 30's with no children but are hoping to change that in the next year years. Ideally we would like to live somewhere between the beach and midland. Can anyone suggest anywhere? thanks Laura

Hi Laura firstly congratulations on the job it's good to see that you are looking into this early on. It really depends on what you want from the suburb itself and of course your budget as prices vary from suburb to suburb although there is only a few miles between them. Are you looking for a house or would you be happy with a apartment.

Please see a list of suburbs below as a suggestion.

Burswood

Ascot

Como

South Perth

Rivervale

Victoria Park

All the suburbs above can be a bit pricey but if it's only you and your husband you may be able to find something you like. If not then there is also the below.

North Morley

Karrinyup

Mount Hawthorn

Bennet Springs

Bassendean

Hope this helps.

Hi Laura firstly congratulations on the job it's good to see that you are looking into this early on. It really depends on what you want from the suburb itself and of course your budget as prices vary from suburb to suburb although there is only a few miles between them. Are you looking for a house or would you be happy with a apartment.

Please see a list of suburbs below as a suggestion.

Burswood

Ascot

Como

South Perth

Rivervale

Victoria Park

All the suburbs above can be a bit pricey but if it's only you and your husband you may be able to find something you like. If not then there is also the below.

North Morley

Karrinyup

Mount Hawthorn

Bennet Springs

Bassendean

Hope this helps

I like midland my first job when i stepped off the plane 32 years ago was in midland gate shopping centre , my father lives in viveash near the river , he has no problems there , there are some very expensive houses surrounding midland like west midland and guildford ,

it has a good bus service and train service , it dosnt take long to get into the city , so its quite central .

I will admit i wouldnt want to be around the train station late at night , but there again that applies to most train stations

Archived