Morgage advice please

Guest kelly13

Guest kelly13

I would greatly appreciate any advice on the following,

On a combined salary of $90 000 can we afford a $400 000 morgage?

On a PR visa what will our initial costs be i.e stamp duty, minium deposit ?

We a planning to live in Queensland and have never owned a home before, will we be eligible for a stamp duty rebate and first time home owners grant ?

Thank you in advance for any help.

Kelly.

Guest Pinhead
I would greatly appreciate any advice on the following,

On a combined salary of $90 000 can we afford a $400 000 morgage?

On a PR visa what will our initial costs be i.e stamp duty, minium deposit ?

We a planning to live in Queensland and have never owned a home before, will we be eligible for a stamp duty rebate and first time home owners grant ?

Thank you in advance for any help.

Kelly.

Use the CBA calculators 'How much can I borrow' & 'Total home buying costs'

Commonwealth Bank Group - Personal - Tools and Calculators

But take in mind that the interest rates in oz are still rising and are expected to increase at least 0.25% this year.

Hi Kelly,

In regards to your question, you can afford a $400,000 mortgage, however this is based only on a couple, as I have not accounted for any dependents you may have (if any).

In Australia, you can borrow up a 95% against the value of the property. There are also associated costs in purchasing the property being

• Stamp Duty
  • Titles Fee
  • Registration of Mortgage
  • Conveyancing Fees
  • Bank Application Fee
  • Disbursements

If you are First Time Home Buyers you may also be eligible for FHOG (first home owners grant). The federal government offers $7000, and some states offer an extra bonus i.e. in Victoria you get up to an extra $3,000 for purchasing an established home or $5,000 for new homes constructed.

If you borrow above 80% of the property value your loan will have to be insured. This is known as Lenders Mortgage Insurance (LMI) and this can usually be financed in with the loan. The amount varies depending on loan size and Loan To Value Ratio (LVR). LVR is calculated by the sum borrowed/Value of the property.

In your scenario, the purchase price will be $421,000, and Costs will be $8,000,

Therefore

Purchase Price $421,000

Costs $ 8,000

Total Purchase Price $429,000

Loan @ 95% $399,950

Deposit You Require $ 29,050

Less FHOG $ 7,000

Final Deposit $ 22,050

Prior to buying any property, seek advice, and obtain a Pre Approval. We are a firm of Mortgage Consultants, and we are based in Melbourne. We can assist you with obtaining a loan, as we are accredited with all banks.

I hope this helps,

Cheers

Harj

Guest Pinhead

I can give you details of a good firm of conveyancors in Brisbane who I've used to purchase two properties. I have no affiliation with them, they were recommended to me by a real estate agent for a property I bought in Mission Beach. They carried out everything for me even though I was in the UK.

Archived