Nursing ANMAC skills assesssment

pinknurse83

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I totally understand how you feel. I had a similar thing happen where my previous team lead hadn't stated she was a registered nurse on my reference. I only found out after approx 14 weeks when ANMAC emailed me to say they'd contacted her to have this confirmed. I sincerely hope any delay you have isn't as long as mine was.

Congratulations kellyv that's brilliant news !! Must be a relief! One step closer, only the dreaded ahpra to sort out now!!!

Hi, I am about to lodge my visa any day now and then I was going to apply to ahpra but I was wondering wether to wait and see how the people who have been waiting since oct/nov etc get on with all the changes. Does anyone think it's a good idea to wait and see what happens and wait for them to clear some of the backlog or should I just get on and apply and get in the queue? Really dreading it as it sounds like a complete nightmare!!!,

I am a UK nurse currently in Australia on a Working Holiday Visa. I'm ready to submit my application to AHPRA this week after waiting three months to collate the supporting documents from the UK needed to apply!! (That's another story) Now I am worried about the ANMAC thing!!

What is it? A test on skills? What's involved in it?

Is it mandatory to do this before practicing in Australia?

I am hoping to get sponsorship through an employer or apply for PR. My head is spinning with requirements and visas and AHPRA and everything else and I am so stressed out! :wacko::confused:

Spratnat I would send your application to AHPRA asap to get in the queue. Do you have all your supporting documents ready to send with it? That can take some time depending on your situation.

Spratnat - who knows the answer to that. If I hadn't already sent mine I would probably wait and see whats happening with the ones currently in the system. Elle - Anmac is a breeze compared to Ahpra! And Anmac have no influence over Ahpra. Its a total mess!

My skill assessment has been completed on 28th May. Mine took exactly 15weeks from the date of online lodge. I submitted eoi after I received skill assessment completion email. LOD in post now . I think it wll take 2weeks more, so I am worried now about "date of skill assessment" cause lod is not in my hand. Is it the same date as the date I received completion email?

Does anyone know how long the modified ANMAC assessment is taking for people already registered with OZ or NZ councils?

I am registered with ahpra and it took 15weeks. 11Feb online lodged, 20 Mar application&supporting document received, 21May further doc required, 26 May doc received 28 May modified assessment completed

I am registered with ahpra and it took 15weeks. 11Feb online lodged, 20 Mar application&supporting document received, 21May further doc required, 26 May doc received 28 May modified assessment completed

Wow that took an age for them to acknowledge receipt of your Docs, OH docs were acknowledged 6 days after posting, OK we are in NZ but 6 weeks!! i am wondering if i can take 5 weeks off yours that would be nice :wink:

Wow that took an age for them to acknowledge receipt of your Docs, OH docs were acknowledged 6 days after posting, OK we are in NZ but 6 weeks!! i am wondering if i can take 5 weeks off yours that would be nice :wink:

Actually I sent my documents 5 weeks after my online lodgement cause I had to wait my initial registration certificate to be posted from ahpra.

My friends also registered with ahpra but sent their documents early also took 14-15weeks.

one of my friend lodged later than me but sent her doc 3weeks earlier is still waiting.

I thinks the order they process is from the date of online lodgement.

Good luck. I hope you get yours done soon!!

I know it is really long wait.

Actually I sent my documents 5 weeks after my online lodgement cause I had to wait my initial registration certificate to be posted from ahpra.

My friends also registered with ahpra but sent their documents early also took 14-15weeks.

I thinks the order they process is from the date of online lodgement.

Good luck. I hope you get yours done soon!!

I know it is really long wait.

Oh right so was it 15 weeks for email confirmation of assessment or postal confirmation? feellike popping over the Tasman and banging on their door lol

Rhiana my point was 65 and got invite straight away. Did u say you have got ahpra reg already and you applied in feb? What quals do u have and are u UK trained? I think you're the first person I have heard approved this year!

Archived