IELTS test

happyreturn

If I have a British passport and done five years at college will I still need to do the IELTS tests any help on this will be great as read a few things and say you still have to have the IELTS as well and some say you don't if you hold a British passport and some say you don't need it if you have been to college I have got school gcse's and also my N.V.Q level 1,2,3, in professional catering and hospitality any help would be great I will be going for Skilled - Nominated (subclass 190) visa

If you have a British passport, you're automatically awarded an IELTS score of 6 for each part. When calculating migration points you get 0 for a band 6 result.

You would therefore only need to take the IELTS if your skills assessment (or sponsor) explicitly asks you to do so, or if you want to increase your migration points.

You don't need an IELTS to prove English language ability but you may find your skills assessment agency or possibly your occupation required a minimum 7 in each band, which will need you to take the test. Also depending on your age/employment history you might need the IELTS for the points. I personally think IELTS is a bit of a scam........

I personally think IELTS is a bit of a scam........

Me too. I was in a test centre with at least a couple of hundred people crammed in to it. It was hard to get into your chair as it was pressed between your own desk and the one behind.

It's one big huge cash cow that the test centres and the IELTS organisers are milking.

Archived