Where to live in Wyongshire?

Sugarcane

Hi, we are moving to northern part of Central Coast in 2 weeks. We are planning to hire a b&b and arrange viewings for rental. Can good people of PIO guide me what are the good areas to look there? We are a family of three with a 5 years olds daughter. She'll be most likely attending Lake Grammar School in Warnervale. Thank you in advance.

I cant help with that area sorry, the best way to see if an area is for you is to have a good drive around, you often come across smaller suburbs you may not have thought off. Maybe work a boundary from your work place or chosen school to work with. Realestate and Domain will give you a list of rentals available so do a drive by and see what you think.

Lots and lots of luck with your move and maybe someone will be along soon who is familiar with that area.

Cal x

I cant help with that area sorry, the best way to see if an area is for you is to have a good drive around, you often come across smaller suburbs you may not have thought off. Maybe work a boundary from your work place or chosen school to work with. Realestate and Domain will give you a list of rentals available so do a drive by and see what you think.

Lots and lots of luck with your move and maybe someone will be along soon who is familiar with that area.

Cal x

Thank you Cal. Good intention is the first requirement to help anyone and you seem to have a lot of it. Thanks for the idea mate. I'll certainly try that.

Hi Sugarcane. I have family living in both Hamlyn Terrace and Lake Munmorah and they're very happy living where they do.

Hamlyn Terrace is a newish suburb with most houses being new build and no more than 15 years old. With a lot of schools, closeness to shops, hospital and easy access to the F3 freeway (or M1 I think it's now called) it's a very popular area. A big new shopping centre is planned for just up the road at Warnervale. Woongarrah and Wadalba are right next door and very similar in that they're newish suburbs with a lot of newly built homes. I'm told that there is to be more housing development at Wadalba soon.

Lake Munmorah is an older area and about 10-15 minutes north of Hamlyn Terrace. Being that bit further away from the freeway, shops and hospital you'll probably find that property is slightly cheaper and any older properties will almost certainly have a bigger backyard than those in Hamlyn Terrace and the other new build areas.

I grew up on the Central Coast so I am very biased when it comes to the area. I'm told that parts of Lakehaven aren't great, although that's just a tiny part where there are some housing commission homes, and for the same reason, Mardi. I wouldn't rule out the entire area though. My Mum said to avoid Watanobbi (love that name!) because she thinks it's daggy. I'd steer clear of San Remo and Blue Haven but that's based on my opinion on how it was 18 years ago!

I hope that helps Sugarcane. Good luck in finding your new home on the Central Coast :-)

Thank you Wozziegirl. That's great piece of advice. Someone else suggested Hamlyn Terrace and Lake Munmorrah earlier today to me. Your post came in just in time to confirm that. It's reassuring to see many properties advertised on Realestate in these areas. I'll probably go for Hamlyn or Woongarah. Thank you for adding Wadalba but that'd be tad bit further from work & school. And many thanks for adding areas to avoid. Is your mother still in the area?

@TheEscapePlan I love your screen name. Norah Head looks good but again a bit further from school.

Happy to be of help Sugarcane and yes, my parents are still in the area and my brother and his family live in HT. I'm hoping it won't be too long before we're back home on the coast.

@TheEscapePlan, thanks for the link to the cafe. It looks like just the place for a weekend breakfast after a walk on the beach. Nice!

Archived