Entrance Reports ... Please be thorough

Love Shoes

This could come back and nip you on the bum ...

To cut a long story short, we have just moved out of one rental into another ( same agent ) we had always got on extremely well with the agents, they have always been extremely professional, until now .... Last week our previous land lord ( whom we are friends with ( now ) ) had to intervene and tell the agents they were out of order .... In a nutshell when we moved into the house, it wasn't particularly very clean, on top of unpacking boxes, and making beds I had to clean filthy sinks, plug holes covered in black slime and hairs, there was also a toothbrush, bar of soap with pubic hairs stuck to it ( yuk ) a glass marble and a razor left in the shower area, the windows were rotten, the insect screens were dusty as hell, the oven was encrusted with food, the oven door was stained very badly, the tracks the patio doors were full if dirt, the carpets had glitter trapped in it, there were paint / crayon writing in the garage doors, two wardrobe doors, and two windows, the list is pretty long ......

Anyway we were new to Australia and kind of hyped up, so didn't really think it was vital to take photos, but this time I've taken nearly 100 as an insurance for future if and when the time comes. We were given three days to complete the entry report, which is the normal, I think, three days isn't much when we think how much we've got to do, plus, it's not always possible to notice faults in three days, we have been in the new place now for two weeks and I am still finding things .....

Anyway during our tenancy we had three property managers, staff changes were the cause of this, sadly though the agent who carried out the exit report had never seen the s)$& that I had to clean up, and tried to pin some of the encrusted dirt on the patio door tracks on me, even going so far as to write to our landlord and say that there was " built in dirt and grime " I saw red and told them that I was sorry that my two years of rubbing and scrubbing wasn't quite long enough to remove the crap caused by the previous tenants ..... I am shocked and very upset at how we were treated, we've been excellent tenants as our previous landlord attested .... even telling the agent to release the bond, and telling them that the property wasn't very clean when we moved in, as well as saying we had been " the best tenants ever, who never grumbled about anything, or gave him any grief " the agent was still like a dog with a bone, even telling me after the landlord had told her to write to us informing us that we had nothing to worry about, they still told me they had no news, that they were still carrying out their investigations ..... Strangely enough the same agent visited us just before we moved and commended me on how beautifully clean and well kept the house was .... It's as if they've had a personality transplant .....

Our bond is coming back in full .... But we are still having problems we are owed 3 days rent, over paid, and they are trying to withhold it, another long story, my OH has written to the principle at the agency whom hopefully will resolve this issue, we don't want to go to the RTA but if need be we will....

Please people, take the entrance report ( incidentally we haven't been supplied with one, and I have read somewhere that the tenant should a) get a copy or b) carry out the report ..... Very seriously, take lots of photos and be strict, very strict with these agents, they like us to use bond cleaners, and is think this is why we have had such a terrible time, because I flatly refused to use one, after seeing how well they cleaned the property before we moved in ....

I think it's always a bit too easy to get caught up in the excitement of a new home in the country we are starting a new life, rose tinted specs et et ..... I was too trusting and wasn't aware of how snippy these agents can be, I am now, and I hope this post gives new arrivals some valuable advice .....

image.jpg

image.jpg

The "use our cleaners who charge double and give us a nice fat backhander for the business" scam is all too common. Almost the norm I think

Currently looking to buy.....the sooner I'm out of being judged and patronised by dickhead agents the better

yes the " one of our recommended " is rotten, it is on our contract, I think, defo read it somewhere in their bumf even going so far as to say .... You could end up having to get it done again ..... It stinks ....

in one email the agent asked my oh who had we used to clean and how much had we paid, we totally ignored this comment as it was irrelevant and none of their business, I left the house loads cleaner than when I moved in, and anyone who knows me, knows that, I rang the cleaner who helped me and she was really upset, we left it in perfect condition, the agent even said the tiles were full of water marks, I have no idea where this came from, all I could think was that the carpet cleaner sprayed round with flea treatment, just after I had steamed the floors, I told the agent this and they said " oh don't worry " ......

Its sad sad how tenants can sometimes be treated agents.:swoon: Don't they see the bigger picture, many who come over on temporary visas go onto buy, we hope to at some stage, but we will be using a different agent, actually, buying land then building

I had a similar experience LS. Very disappointed when we had not only maintained but improved the property

Its so upsetting, you've just reminded me about the lawn, how good it looked when we left, compared to the brown thatch we first saw, the 3 blinds in the media room, as the sun was very bright in there & would have faded our furniture, plus numerous other matching wooden slat blinds, the extra intranet socket for smart tv, and two extra power dockets for media .... All had owners permission, and tbh we were happy to leave as the owner was/is a star .....

My husband repaired the retic system at our own cost and time...because we wanted our gardens to look nice..might be a rental but also OUR home! Agents knocked money off for a weed I pulled up and forgot to move...dusty garage door ( listed on entrance report) and a carrier bag I left in a cupboard. We wrote a letter to the owners who we found out after we moved in were our neighbours! They ignored the letter. We had thought they were decent people. We let it go as cba with the stress tbh

Archived