Nomination timeframe for a 457

Shelleyh1

Hi my employer sent a nomination in for me on 17th jan. My visa agent will not submit my application until this comes back approved.

Why? Are there issues with the nomination?

Does anyone know how long the nominations normally take?

It depends on a number of factors including if it is lodged decision ready, however, 3 to 6 weeks is a reasonable estimate.

Why? Are there issues with the nomination?

It depends on a number of factors including if it is lodged decision ready, however, 3 to 6 weeks is a reasonable estimate.

My my visa agent made a mistake with my first application. He is a moron but my company use him and so I had no choice but to go through him. He is paying for the new application himself and that's why he won't put it in until the new nomination comes back. My boyfriend went home for Xmas And his vis expired in December so he can't come back until this sorted. My visa agent won't give me a timeframe just says it depends but obv with his track record I just wanted to check things out myself.

Thanks for your help I hope it's nearer the 3 weeks.. :(

my workmate is waiting for the nomination too, he (my employer) sent the application in end of Nov or early Dec 2013, and still no reply yet.

he applied a few years ago for the same visa and got reply quickly, so he was disappointed and had to change his air tickets due to the delay....

Archived