IELTS more than 36 month old...Help!

jmnat

Hi there,

This is my first post on this wonderful forum but I need advice from the experts!

I lodged my 190 visa application on 5 Dec2013 (was invited to apply on 20thNov2013). I received an email from my CO yesterday saying that my IELTS was more than 36 month old (sat on 9OCT 2010 so 2 month too early).

She told me than it is mandatory to have an IELTS less than 36 month old if I do not have a british/Canadian?NZ passport (which I do not have) at the time the application is lodged. Since that time, I have always been working in an english environment (2 years UK + 1year Australia), write publications in English, give talks...etc.

What are my option now? I can’t re-sit the IELTS because she told me that the date will be after the time I lodged my visa application. I spent a lot of money on this visa (de facto and 2 kids as well) and I can’t believe it can be refused for a couple of month.

Thank you for your help,

Regards,

JM

Them's the rules, sad as it seems for you. Did you not check the validity of your IELTS before you lodged the visa?

Thanks for your reply.

Of course I checked, but I thought this could be something to discuss with the CO and see if I needed to re-sit the IELTS after my application was lodged or if they could give a bit of flexibility.

Moreover I don't claim point with my IELTS.

What could I do ????:arghh:

Any advice much appreciated

I'm afraid that there is no other advice to be given. Sadly you've just gambled A$000's on the basis that you'd be allowed a free pass or to resist the IELTs. It's not any use to you now, but for anyone else, a quick call or email to the Immigration department would have answered that for you.

I think you're going to have to forfeit the money paid or possibly try to request a refund, but that's unlikely and probably at the CO's discretion.

Thanks for your reply.

Of course I checked, but I thought this could be something to discuss with the CO and see if I needed to re-sit the IELTS after my application was lodged or if they could give a bit of flexibility.

Moreover I don't claim point with my IELTS.

What could I do ????:arghh:

Any advice much appreciated

You have no recourse... you stuffed up because you didn't check it out. Accept that and move on.

You have no recourse... you stuffed up because you didn't check it out. Accept that and move on.

Easy to say but when you spent $7000 for the visa application and you know it will be refused for 2 month off....not so easy!

Anyway, thank you all for your reply

Archived