ARTC Certificate

Hayles8Martyn

HI

Does anyone know much about this? through trawling the internet looking for ways for my husband to get his electrical license asap so he can work, it looks like we will need to get this ARTC. What im asking is does anyone know if you can apply for it from the UK before you get there or is it something that must be done as a resident?

Electricians do have it tougher than most. Anyone applying for a visa as an electrician will have to get their skills assessed as part of the visa criteria. Don't confuse this with Trade Licencing which is another requirement once your here on Aussie turf with visa in hand. Each State has slightly different rules, where are you headed ?

This link will explain a bit about the process and probably answer a few questions, but it is for electricians working/ wanting to work in QLD - http://www.justice.qld.gov.au/fair-and-safe-work/electrical-safety/licensing

Cal x

Thanks very much. Getting TRA assessment then possibly sitting the VETASSESS assessment in London we were just trying to find out if there are any ways around getting his licence quicker. We are going to WA but are willing to try another state if it's quicker then changing it over to WA just ideas at the moment.

Just worried about not being able to earn money with 3 kids to look after that's all. It's daunting but nothing's easy in this life ay?

Thanks very much. Getting TRA assessment then possibly sitting the VETASSESS assessment in London we were just trying to find out if there are any ways around getting his licence quicker. We are going to WA but are willing to try another state if it's quicker then changing it over to WA just ideas at the moment.

Just worried about not being able to earn money with 3 kids to look after that's all. It's daunting but nothing's easy in this life ay?

You only need 1 of vetassess or ARTC, Vet if he is the primary applicant as he will need it for migration visa cost $3000. ARTC if he is on your visa cost $900. Vetassess is done in the UK, ARTC in OZ and will take about 3 months. Make sense? Ok thats the easy part.

Everybody has to do 1 years gap training once they get provisional license here's someone else's recent update on it from the electricians thread

If anyone wants to ask me questions about getting their A class through the vettasses, i am more than happy to answer.

Hi Drewe, I'm enquiring on my OH's behalf, is the process the same state wide? we're moving to Adelaide in March, he's done his Vetassess, now just researching next steps required when there, cheers Mandi

I can't give exact process for Adelaide. I done mine in Perth. I'm sure it's similar.

Get restricted licence from from electrical board ( mine was energy safety)

Enrol at college to start change over course

Get employed

2 weeks college with practical exam and paper exam

Complete 12 assignments at home

Complete log book (roughly 6-8 months work experience, quicker if more hours worked)

Tele/coms course 4 days with practical exam and paper exam

Capstone course 4 days ( pretty much AM2 )

once all all the above is completed you can get an A class licence. I'd say with the time off work this cost me roughly $15,000

Read this thread from the page I have linked forget going further back as things have changed a lot in recent times.

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/jobs-careers/49852-electricians-thread-200.html

Just to add the awesome reply above if you do find yourself not earning due to doing the college / licencing etc ,contact Centrelink as if you have a PR visa and dont earn alot yourself you will be entitled to some family credit, rent assistance etc which will help you lots whilst you get on your feet.

Cal x

Archived