No girls allowed

Guest Guest66881

Guest Guest66881

The start of the school year can't come quickly enough for these four boys who will be among the first 24 students in Aquinas College's new kindergarten class.

Until this year, Aquinas enrolled boys only from Year 4. So when this quartet reaches Year 3, Aquinas will become the first boys' school in WA to offer a single-sex education all the way from kindergarten to Year 12.

But all that concerned Armando, Curtis, Lucas and Jericho during a sneak peek ahead of their official start next Tuesday was trying out the new playground.

Headmaster Mark Sawle said offering an all-boys education meant teachers could cater exclusively for the learning style for boys.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/wa/a/21103998/no-girls-from-kindy-to-year-12/

Guest Guest66881

Integration is the key to harmony and social bonding surely?

All girls and boys schools at a later age yeah sure, but kids need to play as well as learn - just how do you teach a boy differently to a girl at that age anyway?

I went to an all boys school in Castle Hills, some might have heard of it, Oakhill college, from the de la salle brothers. It's like this until year 11 and 12 and then it's mixed. My sister joined in year 11 at the time.... I thought it was crap and definitely ouldn't put my girl through the same process. interaction with the opposite sex is an important thing when in your teens....

The research I have looked at seems to suggest girls do better in single sex schools whereas boys do worse. The best outcomes seem to come from co-ed schools with single sex classes.

Co-ed was a criteria in choosing a school for my son - met too many messed up blokes who went to boys schools including my OH :)

Archived