Bridging visa help please

Mbright91

Hi,

new to this website and just after some advice and/or experiences regarding bridging visas.

I've been with my partner since November 2013 and are moving in together in April.. Her one year

working visa expires in November how ever would like to apply for a defacto visa. Just wondering how long bridging visas last for and do they allow you to work. As I live in sydney I'm finding it hard to leave my partner for 3montgs just for a second year visa. Any help at all would be appreciated.

thanks

I am not sure you will qualify for a defacto. Are you in a state where you can register your relationship?

IIRC de facto onshore usually comes with work rights these days while on a bridging visa.

What visa are you planning on applying for? i think you may struggle to get a de-facto visa as you have only been together for a short while, i am sure it is a minimum of a year. A bridging visa allows you to work and stay in Australia whilst your permanent visa is finalised.

De-facto visa is one year yes, however my partners visa expires in November.. And as we are not living together for another month or so was wondering if from November a bridging visa would be possible until our 1 year is reached to apply for the de-facto visa

I am not sure you will qualify for a defacto. Are you in a state where you can register your relationship?

IIRC de facto onshore usually comes with work rights these days while on a bridging visa.

Haven't registered our relationship, is it possible to backdate until November 2013 ? And that's what I'm hoping that the bridging visa will tie us over until we are eligible for de-facto visa

De-facto visa is one year yes, however my partners visa expires in November.. And as we are not living together for another month or so was wondering if from November a bridging visa would be possible until our 1 year is reached to apply for the de-facto visa

A bridging visa only comes into affect if you apply for another visa. So you would have to apply for the defacto visa before her visa runs out.

The only options you have are to register your relationship if you are in a state which allows this (this isn't to be done lightly, it is considered to be the same as being married). This means you can apply without having lived together for a full year.

The other option is you spend three months apart so she can get the second visa and you have longer to live together.

Maybe she could do that now if you are not moving in together until April?

Hi,

new to this website and just after some advice and/or experiences regarding bridging visas.

I've been with my partner since November 2013 and are moving in together in April.. Her one year

working visa expires in November how ever would like to apply for a defacto visa. Just wondering how long bridging visas last for and do they allow you to work. As I live in sydney I'm finding it hard to leave my partner for 3montgs just for a second year visa. Any help at all would be appreciated.

thanks

I think that you and your partner should really strongly consider speaking with a registered migration agent on the best option for you both.