Relocating from Qld to Tasmania. Cost of self pack?

jonathancowen

Hi, I am after any advise on interstate shipping companies to get a quote from.

I am looking for Self Pack/cheapest options.

Has anyone done this move and if so how much did it cost you?

We only need a 20ft container but already the prices are looking around $6000! thats more than we paid to bring the stuff from England!!!

Jonathan

Thanks buddy, I've been having a mass quote session now going to take the lowest quote and see can better it, then take that one to the next company and so on. Lets see how much I can save!

Try, Chess, Kent, Pickfords, Seven Seas and PSS as well as smaller local companies then play them off against each other.

Hi, I am after any advise on interstate shipping companies to get a quote from.

I am looking for Self Pack/cheapest options.

Has anyone done this move and if so how much did it cost you?

We only need a 20ft container but already the prices are looking around $6000! thats more than we paid to bring the stuff from England!!!

Jonathan

If you haven't made a decision give CHRIS BELL at Bell's Removals a call. 0362299099.

No way affiliated with them but they moved us from the mid north of NSW to south of Hobart and were excellent.

We have just used them again to pack us up for the trip to the UK. We depart Hobart for the UK on the 12th.

We didn't check prices because everyone else we contacted didn't want to go out of their way and come to where we were.

They packed and loaded into their truck (no container), drove it to Kingston, and then unloaded it from the same truck to our house. No double handling.

No issues, no problems and we had about two houses full (which we have reduced massively) of gear.

Should you use a container make sure those doing the paperwork know the difference on a map between Perth and Tasmania.

Containers seem to take extremely long holidays on train carriages in Australia without even telling you they are going either.

If you haven't made a decision give CHRIS BELL at Bell's Removals a call. 0362299099.

No way affiliated with them but they moved us from the mid north of NSW to south of Hobart and were excellent.

We have just used them again to pack us up for the trip to the UK. We depart Hobart for the UK on the 12th.

We didn't check prices because everyone else we contacted didn't want to go out of their way and come to where we were.

They packed and loaded into their truck (no container), drove it to Kingston, and then unloaded it from the same truck to our house. No double handling.

No issues, no problems and we had about two houses full (which we have reduced massively) of gear.

Should you use a container make sure those doing the paperwork know the difference on a map between Perth and Tasmania.

Containers seem to take extremely long holidays on train carriages in Australia without even telling you they are going either.

Thanks buddy, I'll give him a call today!

Archived