AWPA Removing occupations from SOL

NatandAl122

Hi all :) Ive just read that the AWPA will be monitoring and possibly advising the removal of around 50 occupations from the SOL in 2014 and onwards. I was intending to study one of these (carpentry or painter and decorator) over the next 3 years......but now after reading this news I feel a little deflated about the whole thing. I realize that they would remove occupations from time to time and nothings a sure shot. Does anyone have any positive news for me or experiences if so would be great to hear it before my dreams are crushed before ive even got started lol

Thanks in advance :notworthy:

Al

Hi Al.

Could you confirm which occupations are on the list? Please tell me it isn't solid plastering? We're lookin into this and about to start the AQF process if we can manage to figure out the particulars. I guess if u get invite to apply before it goes off this list your OK to get your visa still? Ie better off getting on with it now x

Hi Al.

Could you confirm which occupations are on the list? Please tell me it isn't solid plastering? We're lookin into this and about to start the AQF process if we can manage to figure out the particulars. I guess if u get invite to apply before it goes off this list your OK to get your visa still? Ie better off getting on with it now x

Hi yes it seems solid plasterer is on there. Im gutted as I thought alot of the trade occupations would stay on for a while.....but I guess there no gaurantees with anything. Heres the link to the AWPA website.

http://www.awpa.gov.au/our-work/labour-market-information/skilled-occupation-list/pages/flagged-occupations.aspx

Cheers

Al

Hi Al thanks for this. Just spoke to someone who's in the know and he's said that it wouldn't likely come off but it may get moved from Sol to is it Col? Basically just making the visa process a little bit trickier as you would need state or employer sponsorship instead of a 189 visa....I think.

We're hoping at getting the EOI in well before July so hoping that we should get a invite to apply then I think we would be OK then x

Try not to worry too much about it. The whole system is constantly changing and if you worried about every aspect you'll drive yourself crazy. There may not even be an SOL or CSOL by the end of the year!

Thanks Adam I was actually thinking that there will always be a risk of change and i completely agree on the driving yourself crazy part.....it's taken me ages to decide what profession to learn as I wanted to be sure then I heard that news which threw me a bit is all. Hopefully all goes well :)

Thanks for eveyones great replies by the way.

Cheers

Al

Archived