Secondary can make first entry before Primary?

australia12345

Dear Experts,

Posting this on behalf of my friend, kindly let me know:

I was the primary when we applied for the PR visa .My IMMI Grant notification says that "Must Make First Entry to Australia Before XX April 20XX". The same date is reflected for the Secondary Applicant as well. We are planning to travel in the next 2 weeks.

Please confirm if the secondary applicant can travel first to Australia before the primary and then the primary travels a few days after that. I would be traveling with a 2 years old baby and my husband would like to travel first and arrange for the accommodation before we land.

If you have the 8502 condition which looks like you do - no the secondary applicant can not travel

to Australia first.

As it states the primary applicant must enter first - either you travel together or you go first. This is condition of your visa - if you do not follow this condition you have no visa. Ie the secondary applicant will be refused entry to Australia.

Make arrangements for accommodation now, we had same condition and had a 1 year old.

If you have the 8502 condition which looks like you do - no the secondary applicant can not travel

to Australia first.

As it states the primary applicant must enter first - either you travel together or you go first. This is condition of your visa - if you do not follow this condition you have no visa. Ie the secondary applicant will be refused entry to Australia.

Make arrangements for accommodation now, we had same condition and had a 1 year old.

I think you are misreading. Mentions first entry must be before and then a date - not a person.

Archived