Jump to content

Question about 175 visa


Recommended Posts

Hello All,


I do apologise if this has been asked already but couldnt seem to find anything on it.


Basically in a nut shell, me and my wife moved to Perth in Oct 2011 on a 175 skilled independant visa, spent 7 months there and had a great time but had to come back for my brothers wedding and our own the following year. After discussions we are definately going to head back but not just yet and was wondering if you can get an extension on the visa? Currently we are ok til June 2016 but we could be going back after this.


If anybody could shed any light on this, it would be very appreciated





Link to comment
Share on other sites

You would need a resident return visa to get back to Australia after your current one expires. You need to have 2 years residency in last 5 to be eligible for 5 year RRV. There are 3 month and 1 year RRV, but you need to show substantial ties to Australia such as job offer etc.


Best to be back before visa runs out as there is no guarantee of getting RRV with only 7 months residency.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...