Brisbane - Where to stay

parkyyyy

Hi,

Flying to Brisbane 22nd March. I was looking to book a hostel for a week or so before we arrive. Time to settle in and start the job hunt.

Can anyone reccomend any cheap hostels to stay in? Or would it be better to look for a house share? and if so where is the best place to look? (had a quick look on gumtree)

Thanks

Stay at Aussie Way Backpackers.

Small hostel, nice pool, maybe not the cleanest, but it was perfectly fine, and I had a brilliant 3-4 months staying there.

Only about a 10-15min walk to the city, and right by Roma St station where you'll get the train to from the airport.

House shares, you're better off waiting til you have a job and you know where you're gonna wanna live. Also, I had waaay more fun in a hostel than I did in the house share. The people there weren't really the most sociable, and when you're at a hostel there's always something going on, which is a positive.... but can also be a negative, BUT at aussie way they had a curfue at about 1030, so you could always get a decent night sleep. And only 4 in a dorm, if you ended up staying a while there you end up with the same people in your room, so you can trust them etc....

What are your requirements, do you need to be close to the city? Want to be by the beach?

Im not too fussed to be honest, probably in the city to begin with. Beach would be cool too, but was hoping to get some farm work/fruit picking so may not be in the city that long

Stay at Aussie Way Backpackers.

Small hostel, nice pool, maybe not the cleanest, but it was perfectly fine, and I had a brilliant 3-4 months staying there.

Only about a 10-15min walk to the city, and right by Roma St station where you'll get the train to from the airport.

House shares, you're better off waiting til you have a job and you know where you're gonna wanna live. Also, I had waaay more fun in a hostel than I did in the house share. The people there weren't really the most sociable, and when you're at a hostel there's always something going on, which is a positive.... but can also be a negative, BUT at aussie way they had a curfue at about 1030, so you could always get a decent night sleep. And only 4 in a dorm, if you ended up staying a while there you end up with the same people in your room, so you can trust them etc....

thanks for the info! I'll have a look into Aussie Way

Archived