Jump to content

Post Grad in teaching...


Recommended Posts

I advise you do research first into the likely availability of jobs in the subject and area of the country you would like to live in. There are many more trained primary teachers than there are jobs available in most parts of the country for example, whilst there is a shortage in some secondary subjects if you can teach the subject at the highest level.

All the best whatever you decide!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi Debs,


I did my Dip Ed at La Trobe uni in Bundoora 1999.


It was easy to do.


Fill in a form (about 3 pages) and lodge it with VTAC, or whatever they are called now.


I put in 4 preferences. Monash wasn't happy with my Maths % in my Chem degree so ignored me, LaTrobe was happy, there I went!


I put it on HECS/HELP too.






But I was born and educated in Australia and didn't leave until this was complete. I wouldn't think it would be too difficult though.


What was your undergraduate degree in? What two methods will you be looking to teach?


Once those are answered I would get in contact with a few of Brisbanes universities dept of education and see what they say.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...