oz banks help required

Guest thegrahames

Guest thegrahames

Hello

We are coming over to Oz for a Rekkie in April for 3 months. I have been lead to believe that I can open a Westpac account before we come, then just go into the branch in Oz and show id and then we can use the account. The problem is, they require an address when we get to OZ and we won't have 'cos we are touring about. Has anyone done this before and advise us?

Thanks

Viks

Guest graham$nic
Hello

We are coming over to Oz for a Rekkie in April for 3 months. I have been lead to believe that I can open a Westpac account before we come, then just go into the branch in Oz and show id and then we can use the account. The problem is, they require an address when we get to OZ and we won't have 'cos we are touring about. Has anyone done this before and advise us?

Thanks

Viks

we set up our bank account from the uk and activated it here in Australia but we used my family's address in sydney to do so and still gave our address in the uk for correspondence and they was fine with that ! oh and it was westpac that we dealt with too ..........

Guest Fredtheman

Hi,

I was in perth at tthe start of the month for a rekkie. I tried 3 banks. The NAB, The West Pack and the Commonwealth. I renamed the The NAB bank the Nob bank, The West Pack the Circus. Neither of the took me seriously at all even when I told them I was going to put a lot of money in their bank. Go away and find a job the West Pack said and then come back they said. The Commonwealth on the other hand was a different story. They took the time and explained more than enough, took their time even when I started asking about home loans. Neither of the other 2 banks wanted to waste their time on me with this subject. I opened up a hole in the wall and a savings accounts before I came away. They were happy to use my home address here in the UK. You will need 3 kinds of ID to open up an account with an Aussie bank just like here.

I hope this helps

Fred

Guest Fredtheman

Hi,

I was in perth at tthe start of the month for a rekkie. I tried 3 banks. The NAB, The West Pack and the Commonwealth. I renamed the The NAB bank the Nob bank, The West Pack the Circus. Neither of the took me seriously at all even when I told them I was going to put a lot of money in their bank. Go away and find a job the West Pack said and then come back they said. The Commonwealth on the other hand was a different story. They took the time and explained more than enough, took their time even when I started asking about home loans. Neither of the other 2 banks wanted to waste their time on me with this subject. I opened up a hole in the wall and a savings accounts before I came away. They were happy to use my home address here in the UK. You will need 3 kinds of ID to open up an account with an Aussie bank just like here.

I hope this helps

Fred

Archived