Attaching Documents Question - Missing Partner

Coolbreeze

Another question regarding de facto partner on this 189 Visa application. We have now lodged the visa and I have been uploading all the evidence I believe is required to prove I meet all the points that I claimed in the EOI.

I am now just waiting to keep putting in evidence for this proof of de facto relationship AND need to add some documents to prove my partner is a UK Passport holder (for English language purposes) and has had a skills assessment.

WHat I am concerned about is that when I go to attach documents, it is only my name that appears on the drop down list. I really need help from someone who has used the immi on-line system and had more than one applicant on their visa application. Will my partner appear once a CO is on the scene and requests it? Should I be emailing DIBP and request she be added? I need to add these documents under her name but just can't

confused.cm and if anyone can help, greatly appreciated.

Thanks All

Your partner should appear on the drop-down list as a secondary applicant. Are you sure you included your partner on the application? You can check on the Record of Responses and of course the payment receipt to see if the additional fee was charged.

Could be an error with the immi account but I've never seen it happen before.

This does not sound right, unless it is something specific about the de facto partners, which I am not familiar with.

Try to open the Visa Application itself in the Aplication Documents section and double check if the information for your partner has saved properly.

Also, do you see Person 1 Next Steps and Person 2 Next Steps?

This does not sound right, unless it is something specific about the de facto partners, which I am not familiar with.

Try to open the Visa Application itself in the Aplication Documents section and double check if the information for your partner has saved properly.

Also, do you see Person 1 Next Steps and Person 2 Next Steps?

I currently have main applicant and then second applicant listed on my receipt. SO, yes she has been paid for.

The main page displays 'person 1' (me) and then 'person 2' (my partner) Her name is there and underneath has exactly the same text as mine 'next steps...'

From the sounds of it, there is an error with the immi account then. I'd better get writing now I guess.

Thanks for your help

There's a button at the top right of the screen that says "attach documents". Have you tried clicking that rather than the document list?

This is the only option I can see for attaching documents. The issue, as mentioned, is that only 'I' appear on the drop down lst. Thus, only allowing me to attach documents under my applicant details and NOT my partners.

I have now emailed the immi technical department but I wasn't sure if this is actually the way it is for an additional applicant on a 189. I have yet to have anyone confirm whther what I have is wrong or is actually the way it is - if that makes sense?

Definitely a technical issue then, it shouldn't be that way. They generally take 3-4 days to reply in my experience.

On the rare occasions where we have encountered issues with uploading documents to the online system that couldn't be resolved, the case officer will offer an alternative such as accepting the documents via email. So either way there's nothing to worry about, it's just a temporary inconvenience.

Good luck,

Definitely a technical issue then, it shouldn't be that way. They generally take 3-4 days to reply in my experience.

On the rare occasions where we have encountered issues with uploading documents to the online system that couldn't be resolved, the case officer will offer an alternative such as accepting the documents via email. So either way there's nothing to worry about, it's just a temporary inconvenience.

Good luck,

I just had a look around on the immi self guide tutorials. I think I may have been trying to run before walking. I have been uploading a bucket load of evidence having only lodged my application yesterday (trying to get ahead) but it would seem that the availability of attaching documents appears very differently once the system/CO has highlight what evidence is needed.

I can currently only use that button in the top right and have no list stating 'received' 'required' - 'optional' 'required' etc

So could I ask you this Adam - Will all of these options appear AFTER a CO has been appointed, or should this all be there already??

Thanks for your help so far

You can upload any document at any time for any of the applicants. She should be listed on there.

The status of the uploaded documents on the list will change at various times after a CO looks at them. You'll see that as soon as you upload a document it will then appear on the list as 'required' or 'recommended' (I can't remember which) which doesn't really make any sense. You'll also have a long list of 'recommended' documents which are often not even applicable to the applicant so take that list with a pinch of salt.

The document status will change to 'received' when someone looks at it.

You can upload any document at any time for any of the applicants. She should be listed on there.

The status of the uploaded documents on the list will change at various times after a CO looks at them. You'll see that as soon as you upload a document it will then appear on the list as 'required' or 'recommended' (I can't remember which) which doesn't really make any sense. You'll also have a long list of 'recommended' documents which are often not even applicable to the applicant so take that list with a pinch of salt.

The document status will change to 'received' when someone looks at it.

Brilliant. Thanks so much for your help. Greatly appreciated. I will await the email from immi tech support and hope it will be resolved soon. I am certain I will have the majority of documents needed before a CO looks at it. Just trying to get docs ready for our PCC from UK and then Thailand......I now see that if you have the money, agents are worthwhile :)

• 2 weeks later...
Another question regarding de facto partner on this 189 Visa application. We have now lodged the visa and I have been uploading all the evidence I believe is required to prove I meet all the points that I claimed in the EOI.

I am now just waiting to keep putting in evidence for this proof of de facto relationship AND need to add some documents to prove my partner is a UK Passport holder (for English language purposes) and has had a skills assessment.

WHat I am concerned about is that when I go to attach documents, it is only my name that appears on the drop down list. I really need help from someone who has used the immi on-line system and had more than one applicant on their visa application. Will my partner appear once a CO is on the scene and requests it? Should I be emailing DIBP and request she be added? I need to add these documents under her name but just can't

confused.cm and if anyone can help, greatly appreciated.

Thanks All

hi coolbreze,

i m facing the same problem. what is your situation now?? if solved how it is?? plz provide email address that you emailed to them??

plz response and help us

Archived