Jump to content

How to return to Uk

everywhere gal

Recommended Posts


we are both 60 retired, self funded retirees in OZ both have joint Oz/UK and Irish EU passports, and contemplating returning to Uk. Been here 37 years, with many trips back, and not entitled to any UK benefits. Just trying to work out if it can be done, what are the tax implications, as we have a modest australian share portfolio and live from that, not entitled to government pension, and own moderately priced home in a rural NSW town.

So not sure where to start to enquire about this process. If all shares are fully franked here in OZ, can we leave them here, transfer the income from them to a UK bank account but would we be taxed AGAIN in UK. From reading UK Govt Tax dept site its very confusing. (the term self funded doesnt exist in UK!) any pointers as to where we can get good legitimate advice that would say once and for all, either forget it or enquire further. Many thanks


Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...