190 visa...what is the longest EOI invite time?

Wen66

10 weeks and still no invite...grrr....:arghh:

Agent says they have submitted EOI for 190 visa for SA and are still waiting for feedback...

If this was the average time, I'd be more patient but I see lots of folk getting theirs well within the time period allocated, which is fantastic!

Firstly am worried there is a problem, and secondly, time is of the essence. My oldest is due to start secondary school in Sept. We hoped to be (if visa granted) in Australia by then.

...breathe...it is hard to forward plan.....x

Hello Wen66,

The average processing time is currently 4-5 weeks so this is over the normal time. Has an application actually been made directly to SA or were they just marked as an option on the EOI? You would know because the agent would have asked you to write a commitment statement etc if the application was made directly. You can't always rely on states to pick out the EOI, it's better to approach them directly.

Once the application to SA has been approved they will inform the DIBP and an invitation is usually issued the same day.

All the best,

Hi Adam,

Thank you for your reply.

As far as I know, (OH was originally sorting this, but he's working away at the mo), there was a commitment statement written for SA. I have no faith in the agent :( I have talked to OH about changing agents but he says we are so far down the line and have paid for everything to date.

How can I chase this? We were told by the agent our EOI was lodged the end of October 2013. Her email reply this morning was, every case is different and we have to wait. I am concerned we're missing something. ;(

Hello Wen66,

The average processing time is currently 4-5 weeks so this is over the normal time. Has an application actually been made directly to SA or were they just marked as an option on the EOI? You would know because the agent would have asked you to write a commitment statement etc if the application was made directly. You can't always rely on states to pick out the EOI, it's better to approach them directly.

Once the application to SA has been approved they will inform the DIBP and an invitation is usually issued the same day.

All the best,

Yes every case is different and there is a lot of waiting around at various points in the current system which is obviously frustrating for applicants. Sometimes it's just in the hands of the decision makers and there's only so much chasing an agent or anyone else can do.

You could enquire as to whether a direct application was made to SA along with submitting the EOI.

I wonder if also your husband has an occupation from these unit groups that currently have a limited invitation process:

2331 Chemical and Materials Engineers2334 Electronics Engineers

2339 Other Engineering Professionals

2611 ICT Business and Systems Analysts

2613 Software and Applications Programmers

2633 Telecommunications Engineers

Patience is key to this process. But after 10weeks..eek! I just want to make sure all the T's are crossed and i's dotted:-)

His occupation is ICT Manager.135199

I will ask the question about a direct application.

Your advice is much appreciated. If only we had discovered this site before beginning the process..Hindsight is a wonderful thing

Yes every case is different and there is a lot of waiting around at various points in the current system which is obviously frustrating for applicants. Sometimes it's just in the hands of the decision makers and there's only so much chasing an agent or anyone else can do.

You could enquire as to whether a direct application was made to SA along with submitting the EOI.

I wonder if also your husband has an occupation from these unit groups that currently have a limited invitation process:

2331 Chemical and Materials Engineers2334 Electronics Engineers

2339 Other Engineering Professionals

2611 ICT Business and Systems Analysts

2613 Software and Applications Programmers

2633 Telecommunications Engineers

Archived