Shipping Moggy

Guest guest30085

Guest guest30085

I know I can't put the cat in my suitcase, so starting to look at arranging shipping.

As I understand it, rabies shot has to be done approx six months before shipping, with a rabies test done 3/4 weeks after? What would be the earliest I can send him over.? Although Id try to keep the stay in the quarantine at a minimum if possible, though he may have to stay here for a while. I believe it's now ten days in quarantine?

Are animals still flown into Sydney? Is Perth quarantine back open?

What else needs to be done please? Do cats all have to be Neutered, micro-chipped, and have normal vaccinations?

Could anyone tell me approximate costs.

Any help would be greatly appreciated x

You edited your first post....you Didnt say pussy did you?? :dull:

That would have got your inbox flowing....

Ok I will be serious now:GEEK:

Dont know about shipping cats...I brought dogs but yes quarantine reduced but Perth not open and staying closed AFAIK.

Although they have changed there mind on that one before...

We emailed Petair directly and they have been really useful!!

Cats need the rabies vaccination then a rabies blood sample taken 6 months - 24 months before travel

Flu and enteritis vaccinations 14 days - 12 months before travel

worming 21 days before travel and again 5 days after travel

I would definitely recommend contacting them - we got a full breakdown of what we need to do.

• 1 month later...

If i am a bit late on this i am really sorry!

Perth has closed and it is now 10 days quarantine.

Rabies vaccination at least 7 months before flight and rabies blood sample at least 180 days/6 months before flight date and these last for 24 months so get started early.

Rough price - maybe £1500 approx all in. Quarantine cost has come down lots, but what you will save will be spent on the internal flight to Perth.

I hope that all helps and any question give us a shout.

Bob

Archived