Citizenship application timeline queries

abz123

I am finally approaching my 4 years in Oz and have started looking into the Citizenship process.

My understanding from the official website is that you submit the application and upload the required docs, sit the test, wait for the decision to be made, attend a citizenship ceremony to recite the pledge and become a citizen.

Reading between the lines it looks like this could take six months or more end-to-end but I was looking for advice from anyone who has been through the process recently.

Is there a requirement for another police check from the UK - I haven't been back more than a few weeks during this time - or do I just need the Australian one?

Also, it states that you must be in Australia when the decision is made and this is the big one for me as I have an offer to return to the UK for a few months to work on a contract with an old boss/friend. Is this one hard and fast as my issue would be that if I delay the application until after the UK work then I will probably fail the "no more than 90 days in the year prior to application" test and then take the pain of having to apply for a resident return visa if I needed to travel outside Australia again.

My gut feel is to just go for my citizenship and politely decline the UK work.

Archived