IELTS Test Score??!!

Huntersmummy

Morning everyone :)

Just a quick Q...

My husband recently done his IELTS test which the overall score was 8. (His other scores were 8.5, 7.0, 7.5, 8.0)

One company we spoke to in regarding to help us emigrate told us that the overall score doesn't matter and the lowest score matters! Misleading much!

BUT with the Emigration Group, they said they take into account the OVERALL score.

Who's right?

???????

Morning everyone :)

Just a quick Q...

My husband recently done his IELTS test which the overall score was 8. (His other scores were 8.5, 7.0, 7.5, 8.0)

One company we spoke to in regarding to help us emigrate told us that the overall score doesn't matter and the lowest score matters! Misleading much!

BUT with the Emigration Group, they said they take into account the OVERALL score.

Who's right?

???????

If your husband is applying for a student visa or seeking to meet the secondary applicant English language criterion the rounded average (arithmetic mean) of the IELTS band scores is taken. In all other cases the lowest IELTS band score is determinative.

I've seen on a previous thread that you were looking to emigrate with your husband being the main applicant as a carpenter, so I'm assuming you're going to be applying for a points-based visa, in which case the lowest band score will determine how many points are received. In this case IELTS 7 = 10 points.

Archived