EOI on 60 points possibly 65 time scale please?

Kellie23

:confused:

Please could someone advise? If we submit an EOI with 60 points (poss 65) for a 189 how long is it taking to get invite to apply? When I look on POI peoples time lines show they are getting an invite quite quickly, however just received email from my agent saying could take 12 months to get the invite? Is he just giving a worse case scenario? As I've not seen anyone's taking that long.

Help xxx

I think that is worst case scenario IMO as like you say most are processed prior to this timeframe.

Hi ya, I'm really not great on the computer front lol but I go on DIAC website and go on skills select then I go on reports and there's an option for looking at occupational ceilings. Let me know if you find it ok if not I'll ask my hubby when he gets in to find a link or if you tell me your occupation code I'll look it upfront you

Hi ya, I'm really not great on the computer front lol but I go on DIAC website and go on skills select then I go on reports and there's an option for looking at occupational ceilings. Let me know if you find it ok if not I'll ask my hubby when he gets in to find a link or if you tell me your occupation code I'll look it upfront you

Look it up for you

Since the incorporation of SkillSelect last year, 60 points would have been high enough in that occupation for every invitation round I can think of. The agent is just being conservative which isn't really a bad thing.

Next invitation round is on Monday 13th Jan and there's 950 Subclass 189 visa places available. More people apply over the New Year period so it might not happen immediately, but I would anticipate it within the next few invitation rounds.

Since the incorporation of SkillSelect last year, 60 points would have been high enough in that occupation for every invitation round I can think of. The agent is just being conservative which isn't really a bad thing.

Next invitation round is on Monday 13th Jan and there's 950 Subclass 189 visa places available. More people apply over the New Year period so it might not happen immediately, but I would anticipate it within the next few invitation rounds.

Adam that makes me happier, a lot happier. For a minute I thought I was reading everything wrong! Thank you so much xxx

• 4 weeks later...

Archived