De facto visa

Jackmust

Hi,

Following situation: Me and my girlfriend are in Australia on a Work and Holiday Visa. She is going to apply for her second year Work and Holiday visa to stay and travel for another couple of month. I cannot apply for a second year because I am not eligible (31 years old).

The question is: Can I apply for a de facto / partner visa?

Thanks a lot for your answers!!

Regards

Jack

No. Partner visas are only available to the partners of Australian citizens or PRs.

The only way you will be able to stay in Australia is if you or your girlfriend is eligible to apply for a skilled work visa of some kind. In that case, the other partner can be included on the visa application as a secondary applicant.

Hi,

Following situation: Me and my girlfriend are in Australia on a Work and Holiday Visa. She is going to apply for her second year Work and Holiday visa to stay and travel for another couple of month. I cannot apply for a second year because I am not eligible (31 years old).

The question is: Can I apply for a de facto / partner visa?

Thanks a lot for your answers!!

Regards

Jack

No you can't apply for a defacto visa so that you can stay with your girlfriend for two months - but then I think you already knew that hey?!!

You can come back on a tourist visa.

Archived