Gas

Guest mboshier

Guest mboshier

hi there, does anyone know who the gas board are ova in oz? also is there a link with corgi will i have to completely redo my gas?

please help!

Mark

Guest mboshier

Thanks, im only at the start of everything at the mo - iv heard of TRA, not really sure wot it is. do u have any other plumbing info?

mark

Hello Mark

I have invested in a agent and they advise me on things like this. If your a plumber as well it maybe in your best interest to apply as a plumber as opposed to a gas fitter. It carries an extra 15 points as a skill that is needed in Aus. Let me know when your doing your TRA and I'll let you know how I went about it. (I passed so I take it that they were impressed)

Good luck Mark hope you get out to Aus.

John

• 3 months later...
Guest Cupra-Matt

First Post on Here..........

I am also looking for gas work and was wondering the best area's of the country to find work in this industry. I currently work mainly domestic Gas, LPG, OIL fired central heating, gas fires etc.

Not sure how I would stand with my qualifications, retrained and did no official apprenticeship following 6 1/2 years as an aircraft fitter in the Royal Navy.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. Matt

Guest hantsfamily1

Hi,

I had no formal training but passed my TRA by proving my trade with references and how long I had been doing my job. Client and customer references and a few friends in the business could help you out a lot with paperwork to prove your trade.

It may pay to enlist an agent, some of them are good and help you through the TRA process, its a good investment if you are really serious about getting to Oz.

Look south for cooler climate for your type of work I would say.

Best of luck.

Archived