Help about sponsorship at Expo???????

Guest gwen

Hi all,

As some of you no my OH went to Expo in London on Saturday,was just wondering if anybody has got a sponsor this way in the past,and if they have, how long was is before you received an email from them ,It was Queensland Government that said they would sponsor OH.

Any help would be great.

Thank you

Luv Gwen x x x x x x :wubclub::wubclub::wubclub:

Guest JulieH

I went to the first Australia Needs Skills in London October 2006. I met with the hospital (employer) at that time. Interview on the 11th Dec, offer in Jan 07, App for 457 end Feb, Medicals Mar 07 and Visa granted in April 07. Arrived in June 07.

However my bro-in-law applied in Nov 07 for a 457 and still is waiting - even for a case officer!

Hope this helps!

Hi Gwen, Did your husband get a contact name? We went to expo and filled in some forms (this was in 2007) , anyway they contacted us about 4 months later (was not offered sponsorship at expo), they offered a job but wanted the TRA passed first, anyway in the end they said 'sorry but we didnt realise you haven't got the licence , please contact us when you arrive in Australia'!!!

Different story to yours as you have been offered sponsorship

Send them an email 'further to our recent discussion with ......' see what they say.

Good luck and keep us updated

Guest billy braveheart

personally if you have a positive skills assessment and are under 45 why would you want to go on a sponsored visa????

id have loved to have come on a skilled visa,had a positive TRA but was 45 so i needed sponsorship so if you can please just wait and get the skilled visa it makes life much easier and it isnt so costly as if you come on a 457 you need to pay thousands of dollars for your permanent visa plus meds when you apply for it

Just a little food for thought

billy

Archived