How do i know when a CO has been assigned?

roflie

HI all... In the process of applying for a PR visa (186 from my 457) and my employer nominated me around six weeks (i then received my file number via the acknowledgement of nomination received letter from the DIBP)

I have since uploaded my documents... finished that today and will loo at booking a medical in the new year.

Today my employer advised me that their nomination had been accepted as a CO had mailed them the "approval of nomination" document.

My query is does this mean i now have a CO assigned to my case or will the CO that contacted my employer now just put my application in the queue and the two parts (employer nomination and my personal application) are dealt with separately?

Thanks

Roflie

Hi,

My husband has a straight 186 being processed from UK so don't know if it's different if your transferring from a 457. Yes our case officer was the same one who authorised the nomination. My husband did get an email copy of the nomination so you should have been emailed this by your employer as you will need to attach this to your visa application too.

Nice new gift happy new year and good luck with the approval which should be soon after your medical.

Angie

Often if the application is lodged before the nomination has been approved, you can end up with the same CO for both steps. This theoretically speeds up the process since the CO is already familiar with much of the information. So hopefully this will be the case for you.

Archived