Is entry to Oz on a 190 Visa, before the rest of the family allowed??

JMG79

Hi, all

Was wondering if anyone can provide me with some advice/information

We were granted out 190 visas this month (I was the Primary applicant), and as our situation has changed, as I am now unemployed.

My wife wants me to go to Oz ASAP and find work, house set things up etc, so she can follow in a few months before the last entry date, Which makes sense to us both.

However, when we were consulting migration agents we were told by 1 or 2 that if we were granted a 190 state sponsored visa then we would all need to enter Oz together to activate our visas.

I cannot find anything in writing, which states this is the case.

Is this correct, there is nothing under the visa conditions or on the state sponsorship agreement.

I have spoken to Australia house in London who stated I can go on ahead but I’m just a bit concerned conflicting information I have been given, and I cannot find anything in writting to support wether I can or not.

Does anyone know the answer or has anyone on a 190 gone on ahead of their family ??

Thanks

You don't need to validate your visas together - but you must all validate by the date stated in the grant letter.

Therefore yes you can go ahead alone - and family follow after as long as it is before the make first entry before date. Everyone now has their own visas they require to be validated.

Lebourvellec, Verystormy,

Firstly, Happy New Year!

Thank You Both for your replies, I have checked again the Grant notifications and state sponsorship agreement again and cant see any restrictions. I would have thought that they would have all restrictions for a visa listed on the Immi website somewhere but guess that would cause more confusion.

Any way looks like I could be popping over sooner then expected.

Thanks again

Archived