VETASSESS - Multimedia / Web Designer Please Help!

AmberPK

Hi all,

I am a multimedia designer and I am planning to get my skills assessed through VETASSESS.

My occupation lies in Group B which says I need to have a Bachelors Degree or higher.

Here are my details:

1. Bachelors in Science (Two years)

2. Masters in IT (Two years)

3. Multimedia and web design experience as a freelancer (3.7 years)

Please advice whether or not VETASSESS will consider my two degrees as a Bachelors Equivalent or will I need to have more years of experience to show?

Thank you.

Guest Ryan the wizard of oz

I can't see any problems in terms of your qualifications, it's the work experience that raises questions.

"The employment assessed for the Skills Assessment needs to be full-time, highly relevant, at an appropriate skill level to the nominated occupation, and completed in the five years before applying to VETASSESS."

http://www.vetassess.com.au/download/qualification_assessment/pre-and-post-qualification%20employment.pdf?id=301220130410AM

I hope this helps sir.

Thank you for being so helpful Ryan.

I understand that my experience needs to be within 5 years of applying which it is. I started working in April 2010 and I am still working on the same job which is Multimedia and Web Design.

What I dont understand is written "Group B – five years of relevant employment in addition to at least one year of highly

relevant employment at the required skill level in the last 5 years before applying"

How can one have 5 + 1 year = 6 years of experience within last five years?

Thank you so much :)

What I dont understand is written "Group B – five years of relevant employment in addition to at least one year of highly relevant employment at the required skill level in the last 5 years before applying"

How can one have 5 + 1 year = 6 years of experience within last five years?

Thank you so much :)

If you have a relevant bachelor degree or higher then you only need to show at least 1 year of relevant work experience completed within the last 5 years.

May I ask what visa you will be applying for? The occupation you mention requires the support of a state government for a 190/489 visa and it only appears on the ACT off list right now which is extremely restrictive. Unless you're going to be applying through the Employer Nomination Scheme I don't see much point in getting the skills assessment at this moment in time.

All the best,

Hi all,

I am a multimedia designer and I am planning to get my skills assessed through VETASSESS.

My occupation lies in Group B which says I need to have a Bachelors Degree or higher.

Here are my details:

1. Bachelors in Science (Two years)

2. Masters in IT (Two years)

3. Multimedia and web design experience as a freelancer (3.7 years)

Please advice whether or not VETASSESS will consider my two degrees as a Bachelors Equivalent or will I need to have more years of experience to show?

Thank you.

If you need migration advice, may I suggest that you consult a registered migration agent?

Archived