Don

don pound

At 70 years old would i settle in the uk after 32 years , ? any body at this age done it ?

Very many! 'Mature aged' couples/singles have returned to the UK, on a regular basis for years I think. Being sure is the main qualifier; not age.

Good luck!

Add: I am around your age, and returned after 37 years.

Not quite your age....well 54....but went back after 30 years some 4 years back now to settle....having made countless trips business and personal. For me my one comment is this it depends on where you feel most comfortable....e.g. I found a new place was best and it happened to be Bristol and being a Londoner was shocked as any one....only reason I came to Oz was a partner but that's not to say I don't miss it and wish I'd stayed i felt comfortable had what I needed so make a list what you like and as the Ozzies say you'll be right..best of luck.

I am moving back next year with my mum and she is 55 and very apprehensive about work. We were there in 2011 and the work situation was not great at all and earning money is imperative to running your home etc. I think that stresses her out the most but its hard when you have been here so long (30 years for my mum) and again she came out for a partner as Globetrotta said but now that's over a new start is needed its just harder the older you get. Again it's where you are most comfortable, good luck!

Archived