House share prices

tingtongman

What is the average house share prices in Perth/Sydney/Melbourne/Brisbane?

I know its a generalization depending on the distance from the city center but im wondering what you guys are paying for an house share where you live.

Ill start

Gatton, in the town center, house shares range from $80-110/week.

I think it varies wildly not just in location but how many people are in the house, the standard, facilities, bills included etc.

we will be paying $300 a week for a double bed 5-10 mins walk from Bondi, opposite a bus stop for CBD/ bondi junction train and shopping. No internet + bills approx $50 a month. Sharing a 2 bed with 1 other. Similar prices in the far north beaches, cheaper in the west. We could have paid a little less but been in a rubbish area and paid more for transport.

I've seen share rooms for $120pp but private rooms seem to start around $250 for anything half decent.

Ive also seen double rooms for $250 for 1 or $350 for two which doesn't make sense to me?

Gumtree is invaluable for comparing rental prices I think.

Brisbane I was paying 180 a week with bills on top. Found a hostel was actually cheaper. Nice house and all, but actually had way more fun in the hostel, more people and more people to go out drinking with. While it is nice to have your own space down there. If you're on the WHV in my opinion it's better to find a nice pretty small hostel with a fair few long termers and stay there.

But you can find places between 100+ going up to ridiculously expensive. Hostel locations are usually better too, don't have to take buses or anything to get them as they are usually pretty central.

Guest The Pom Queen
I think it varies wildly not just in location but how many people are in the house, the standard, facilities, bills included etc.

we will be paying $300 a week for a double bed 5-10 mins walk from Bondi, opposite a bus stop for CBD/ bondi junction train and shopping. No internet + bills approx $50 a month. Sharing a 2 bed with 1 other. Similar prices in the far north beaches, cheaper in the west. We could have paid a little less but been in a rubbish area and paid more for transport.

I've seen share rooms for $120pp but private rooms seem to start around $250 for anything half decent.

Ive also seen double rooms for $250 for 1 or $350 for two which doesn't make sense to me?

Gumtree is invaluable for comparing rental prices I think.

Wow Sydney really is expensive. I saw a house share advertised on the Sydney forum http://www.sydneyforum.com and that was $300 plus utilities I thought it must have been a mis print.

Archived