Panicking over 600 tourist visa!!!

NickJB

Hey guys,

I applied for a 12 month visitor visa (600) on the 14th on Dec and I'm still waiting to hear back from IMMI. I'm getting worried as I have already booked accomodation for the first leg of my stay, thinking I would have got the visa by now :/

I did have some correspondence the day after I lodged, asking for additional docs which I provided same day, but I haven't heard back since and I'm getting worried.

My question is, is there a way to contact them to find out the status? The website doesn't give any clues to current status other than it's lodged.

Has anyone else been in this situation and could offer any advice?

Worse case scenerio is that I have to cancel my accomodation and find somewhere to live while the visa is processed, but that would be a nightmare and very costly :(

Should I just sit tight, or try and speak to someone at IMMI?

I seem to recall someone nothing that the Immi website had a message on it towards the end of November that those who wanted a tourist visa in time for the holidays needed to apply by something like November 27. They (understandably) get a LOT of requests for the 600 this time of year, so... if true, it's not really surprising. Hoping I'm wrong about that and someone comes along and contradicts me...

I seem to recall someone nothing that the Immi website had a message on it towards the end of November that those who wanted a tourist visa in time for the holidays needed to apply by something like November 27. They (understandably) get a LOT of requests for the 600 this time of year, so... if true, it's not really surprising. Hoping I'm wrong about that and someone comes along and contradicts me...

Oh jeez, that sounds like bad news... thanks anyway.

If you were emailed to provide further info could you perhaps check the email addy and use that? Just say you are emailing to enquire etc?

When do you plan to depart? I don't know about what College Girl said, can't recall reading that but it does make sense as lots of people apply this time of year. The 12 month visa will require a person to go over it so may be stuck in a queue.

Hey guys,

I applied for a 12 month visitor visa (600) on the 14th on Dec and I'm still waiting to hear back from IMMI. I'm getting worried as I have already booked accomodation for the first leg of my stay, thinking I would have got the visa by now :/

I did have some correspondence the day after I lodged, asking for additional docs which I provided same day, but I haven't heard back since and I'm getting worried.

My question is, is there a way to contact them to find out the status? The website doesn't give any clues to current status other than it's lodged.

Has anyone else been in this situation and could offer any advice?

Worse case scenerio is that I have to cancel my accomodation and find somewhere to live while the visa is processed, but that would be a nightmare and very costly :(

Should I just sit tight, or try and speak to someone at IMMI?

You haven't said when you are planning to fly...?

Sorry for the delay folks... just wanted to let you know that my visa was granted today (23rd Dec) and I'm currently doing a little dance around the room!!!

I was panicking... thinking I'd have to cancel my holiday, lose money and be effectively homeless in the UK indefinitely!

Lesson learned -- apply for visa BEFORE making plans (doh!)

Good to hear :)

I know when I looked at applying for a 3 month tourist visa ( while waiting for a spouse visa) my CO said apply for tourist visa first and get it granted before booking flights etc.

Archived