Requirments to get the RNATT Declaration signed

JoannaAch

Hello everybody,

I have picked up the RNAT test results for my cat yesterday, they are way above the required 0.5IU/ml and now I wanted to get an official government vet to sign the RNATT Declaration.

Here is where I am confused - on the Declaration the veterinary signs that he/she has seen the "rabies vaccination certificate", can someone advice me what that is? Is it just the sticker with the name of the vaccine and vet's signature in the pet passport? Or do I need some additional certificate?

Also my vet stamped a wrong validity date next to the last vaccination (2014 instead of 2016) and changed it by writing over it with a pen. Would that cause any trouble later?

Thanks!

Joanna

Hi Joanna

The vet just needs to see the passport/vaccination card and then the rabies serology certificate. It is a totally normal document - nothing super fancy.

Ref the change on the card - your vet is better to fully delete the incorrect entry and write a whole new entry with the correct details OR he can sign and stamp next to the change - if he has just changed the date then it looks like anyone may have done this.

Now the plug! If Petair UK applies for the import permit then one of our vets to the RNATT declaration. However, we can only fly pets out of UK and i see you are in Germany.

I hope that helps and if you need anything else let us know

Bob

http://www.petairuk.com

Hi Joanna

The vet just needs to see the passport/vaccination card and then the rabies serology certificate. It is a totally normal document - nothing super fancy.

Ref the change on the card - your vet is better to fully delete the incorrect entry and write a whole new entry with the correct details OR he can sign and stamp next to the change - if he has just changed the date then it looks like anyone may have done this.

Now the plug! If Petair UK applies for the import permit then one of our vets to the RNATT declaration. However, we can only fly pets out of UK and i see you are in Germany.

I hope that helps and if you need anything else let us know

Bob

www.petairuk.com

Thanks!

I will ask my vet to make a new entry for that vaccination in the passport.

It's very unfortunate that I can't fly her with PetAir, I would really appreciate a company that takes care of all the formalities for me. With the one I chose from Germany, I have to do everything myself.

Thanks again for your advice!

Jo

Archived