Hello all

Even

I just wanted to a say a big hello as I'm new on the board. I am currently looking into coming over as a skilled migrant, which means I'm presently surrounded by books on OZ. I'm an occupational therapist and would love to chat to any therapists on here in relation to the application process and how you're finding working over there.

Many thanks and I look forward to browsing the boards

Guest guest30085

Hi Even

Welcome to PIO

Im not an Occ Therapist so can't help, hopefully someone else will be able to help.

Good luck with the process

• 6 months later...

Sorry for the slight delay in reply! hahaha I'm looking at New South Wales, Victoria and Western OZ, mainly the larger cities. Going to attend an working abroad expo, so hoping to talk to employers to get an idea of what's available.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there, I have just started process of applying for 189 visa. Am also an OT, currently collecting all the stuff for my skills assessment. So Even, have you been able to find anything out about what type of OT's are more in demand. I've done mostly community work and workplace assessments recently. I am planning on trying to get back into hospital OT work for more recent experience as those skills need updating.

My husband thinks he will need to be based nearer Sydney or Melbourne for his work (Marketing) so I am keeping an open mind at the moment. I am going to a working abroad seminar day in Manchester on sept 20th to find out more info.

We are planning on heading out autumn/ winter 2015 (have two kids to take) so we have a lot of planning to do!

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I am a community OT for social services in the UK & have just got my 489 Visa for Orana region. We are looking to be out there this summer but reading the threads about AHPRA I am slightly worried although I know an OT who has recently got her registration with supervision based in a nursing home in Perth, so there's hope.

It has taken me 6 years to get my visa due to age & bad advice so keep going if it's what you want. Good luck everyone.

Archived