John Mason and Wridgways (Western Australia) - our experience

Sulac

Hi - thought I would let you know about our recent experience with the above who are partners in removals. I really couldn't fault John Mason at the British end - the girls in the office and the crew who arrived worked tirelessly and went above and beyond as we realised all our items weren't going to fit into our container.

However I did feel let down by the Perth end and Wridgways. In a word the crew were extremely lazy. We had requested the service where they helped to put things away. They were reluctant to do anything except drop the boxes off. I had to ask them to put books on bookshelves and files in the filing cabinet. They refused to set up a bed as they weren't sure how it was put together. It was only when I refused to sign their paperwork that all of a sudden they were able to erect the bed after all!:arghh:

Hi - thought I would let you know about our recent experience with the above who are partners in removals. I really couldn't fault John Mason at the British end - the girls in the office and the crew who arrived worked tirelessly and went above and beyond as we realised all our items weren't going to fit into our container.

However I did feel let down by the Perth end and Wridgways. In a word the crew were extremely lazy. We had requested the service where they helped to put things away. They were reluctant to do anything except drop the boxes off. I had to ask them to put books on bookshelves and files in the filing cabinet. They refused to set up a bed as they weren't sure how it was put together. It was only when I refused to sign their paperwork that all of a sudden they were able to erect the bed after all!:arghh:

Hi We are pretty much the same, used the same removal company(albeit to Brisbane), UK side, guys were fab, delivery guys at our end good too! Don't want to know about damaged item though! just told to contact Insurers(supplied by them) Very poor customer service!

We are using john masons too.. Excellent service, the guys worked so hard to fit everything into the container..

They warned us that things would be different at the Melbourne end and they suggested we had a copy if the contract, stating the unpacking service we had paid for and as you have done.. Refuse to complete paperwork until satisfied with service..

we will find out on the 18th dec when we move into our new home.

We're using John Mason and Wridgways too...(NSW) Have to say I'm surprised they assembled the beds, as we've been told to dismantle anything we can this end, so I expect we'll have to assemble the other end.

From memory, I think JM have told us that at the Australian end they will unpack everything to make sure not broken and put in correct rooms etc, but we're expected to put away in cupboards - maybe you asked for a more detailed service??

JM arrive at ours on Monday & Tuesday...

so do they bring the container with them to your house? How does the packing work over the two days?

yes the container comes to your house and they pack and then load depending on the amount of stuff you have it may take two days - the guys who came to us in the UK were superb - it's the other end you may want to worry about........

Wridgeways were great for us, they put furniture together that they had taken apart, we didn't pay for the unpacking service as we preferred to put things into places ourselves.

As this thread continues, just a reminder about our rules when talking about companies:

PerthPoms.com is not the appropriate medium for settling personal or private disputes. This forum should not be used to attempt to resolve personal problems or to 'name & shame' fellow members, migration agents, service providers or anyone else. Posts that fall into this category may be deleted by moderators where it is considered necessary. Please email the company directly to attempt to resolve these issues in the first instance -

Archived