189 Visa - 'Time to grant' experiences!!

TeacherBen

Hi guys,

Just a quick question - I received my PCC today and uploaded it, and my meds got uploaded today by my hospital, so I emailed my case officer saying I'd uploaded the documents requested.

I realise there is no hard or fast time from this stage to grant but could people share their experiences so I (and others) have a rough idea?!!?

Thanks,

teacherben :cool:

Hello Ben,

we applied for 176 ( also PR) on 27th June 2012, CO assigned 26th July 2012, visa granted Nov 22nd 2013 so for us it was a long way of 17 months :confused:. The reason was a lengthy security check because we used to live in the Middle East. We applied as citizens of "low risk" country ( USA) but they still determined it was necessary to check. If you`ve never worked, lived or even traveled to "high risk" countries, your visa should be coming next week or so :biggrin:

• 4 weeks later...
Guest nastasia
Hi guys,

Just a quick question - I received my PCC today and uploaded it, and my meds got uploaded today by my hospital, so I emailed my case officer saying I'd uploaded the documents requested.

I realise there is no hard or fast time from this stage to grant but could people share their experiences so I (and others) have a rough idea?!!?

Thanks,

teacherben :cool:

Hello all, just want you to share your experiences 'Time to grant' for visa 189. That's why I've bumped this thread

Guest nastasia
Hi Nastasia,

I uploaded my docs and got my visa grant the next day! Was a massive surprise. I think quite a few people have had similar experiences. I guess it depends on the outcome of meds and PCC but in my case all was ok!

teacherben

Hi teacherben,

Yes i was very surprised when i saw how quick you got your visa. I am waiting for mine and hope it won't be long.