Current ACS timescale for Skills assesment...

burmtra

Ive recently submitted a skills assesment application (just under a month ago) and am witing on the outcome.

Has anyone recently applied for a skills assessment from the Australian Computer Society?; and how long have you had to wait for the outcome........ I applied as a Network adminstrator(263112) on th 7/11/13?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

In case there is anybody in a similar situation, I've submitted an ACS skills assessment on 22/02/2014 and it went to step 4 on 24/02/2014. I hope it moves quickly!

I hope to submit EOI in April.

Perhaps this thread should be a sticky for any other ACS candidates?

Hi there, may I ask what the skills assessment actually says? Does it just say "positive" or "negative" for your particular occupation code, or does it say your experience and qualifications are the equivalent of a diploma / degree or whatever...?

Cheers, I-F :-)

I've not got a result yet, so I don't know, but I believe that it basically says either positive/negative for your designated occupation and then lists the number of years that they consider relevant work experience.

The threshold for relevant work experience can be number of things, but the basic one is a degree + 2 years work experience. If you don't have a degree, then it is much longer work experience and I believe you have to apply for RPL (recognition of prior learning) as well.

Don't take my word for it though.

In case there is anybody in a similar situation, I've submitted an ACS skills assessment on 22/02/2014 and it went to step 4 on 24/02/2014. I hope it moves quickly!

I hope to submit EOI in April.

Perhaps this thread should be a sticky for any other ACS candidates?

I'd advise not getting impatient about this. Still sat here having got to stage 4 a month and a half ago. My application should be decision ready, all required documentation certified, even one or two extra bits, degree from a red brick University in a relevant field, 14 years work experience, waiting. It's very frustrating, but a necessary evil.

I'd advise not getting impatient about this. Still sat here having got to stage 4 a month and a half ago. My application should be decision ready, all required documentation certified, even one or two extra bits, degree from a red brick University in a relevant field, 14 years work experience, waiting. It's very frustrating, but a necessary evil.

True. I'm May or even June is probably more realistic for me. I'm a little bit worried about squeezing my application in before July, since I believe that is when the new Skilled Occupations List comes out every year.

I hope you hear back soon, you are the only person I've heard about that has similar time scale to me.

Archived