Accountant - don't have work experience

Serpentine

Hi all,

I have recently received a positive outcome from Vetassess re project administrator occupation. The irony is that it was taken off from state sponsorship list while my papers were under assessment, so I don't have anything to do with it. Very sad! I'm trying to figure out any other possible route....

I have a Diploma in Accounting, completed in 2001 but don't have any solid work experience as an accountant.

As I understand assessment criteria, they are an education at the required level, 9 out 12 mandatory subjects and academic IELTS. Is that correct that they don't require work experience for the assessment?

And if I get a positive skill assessment, will I be eligible for 189 visa not having any work experience as an accountant?

(I can possibly get 60 points without any work experience, so 0 points for work experience won't be an issue).

Thank you so much in advance :)

Unfortunately you may find a diploma isn't enough to be assessed as having the required skills for accountant. Usually you have to have a degree in accounting and part qualified professional or fully qualified professional and a full member of a recognised accounting institute. Also, the longer it has been since you undertook the qualification the more likely it is your qualification won't meet all of the mandatory areas.

I'd suggest you have a chat with an migration agent who should be able to advise.

Lou

Thank you Lou.

I know, I am also not sure re diploma. It was the prerequisite for my Masters so I thought that there might be a chance for positive assessment.

I am more interested in whether its possible to get a 189/190 visa without any relevant experience?

Does anyone know?

Thank you Lou.

I know, I am also not sure re diploma. It was the prerequisite for my Masters so I thought that there might be a chance for positive assessment.

I am more interested in whether its possible to get a 189/190 visa without any relevant experience?

Does anyone know?

For accountant, no you don't need experience. But I also doubt tat the diploma will be enough.

I believe an Australian diploma is 1-2 years according to the AQF framework. Bachelor degree 3-4 years. Like the others have stated though, I really doubt the chances of obtaining a positive skills assessment in that occupation.

The occupation of program or project administrator is one of the very few occupations that requires a skills assessment for a 457 visa. Because of this, employers are tending to shy away from sponsoring people for that role and you may find yourself in a favourable position if you were to apply for vacancies and mention that you already have a positive skills assessment. Also, if you can demonstrate 3 years of relevant work experience, the Employer Nomination Scheme - Direct Entry becomes an option worth exploring should you acquire a suitable sponsorship offer.

In my opinion, both of these would be more viable options.

All the best,

Archived